November 24, 2015
- Tuesdays at 09:30 local in San Francisco, CA, USA (conversions)
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC: #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_20151124
- Dan Phrawzty
- Dave Townsend
- Ian Bicking
- John Gruen
- Nick Chapman
- Rob Helmer
- Tarek Ziade
- Toby Elliot
- Apologies: Laura
- Please sign up for the Mozlando demo(s) ASAP. (I know at least nchapman and tarek have demos planned - laura) https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_mozlando_demo
- "Going Faster with Firefox and Localization" at Mozlando
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Nothing huge. Hello is close to landing. Making add-on installs restartless. Other major blockers are out of the way! woo!
- l10n for hello is going for a non-firefox/non-gofaster process to accomodate for the different shipping vehicles there
- Build pipeline (JP/rhelmer/phrawzty)
- No updates today.
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Wrapping up most of the engineering work this week for Mozlando. Next week is polish.
- Having conversations with Branding to determine whether "IdeaTown" is the real, final name.
- Not sure how to present IdeaTown at Mozlando. It will be demoed at the GoFaster demo session though.
- Updates (tarek)
- helping Mark on the client-side with initial imports and pings
- focused on the client side
- Two sessions around Kinto as well as a GoFaster demo are planned for Mozlando.
- Fennec (rnewman)
- No updates today.
Roundtable and Q&A
- Should we prioritise localisation groups?
- How to fallback to a "Default" localisation gracefully? If English, how does that affect the user experience?
- Ex. Falling back to English from Hindi might not be that bad; falling back from Japanese might hurt.
- Are there weak communities that represent large user bases?
- Sounds like we need to involve product.
- Do we have a project manager?
- No, but Sheila has open headcount and internal interviews for new PM candidates are underway.
- Public job posting to come.
- Some internal interviews will be happening in Orlando. The hope is to get a PM on GoFaster for Q1 2016.