December 01, 2015
- Tuesdays at 09:30 local in San Francisco, CA, USA (conversions)
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC: #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_20151201
- Andy McKay
- Axel Hecht
- Benjamin Smedberg
- Dan Phrawzty
- Dave Townsend
- Ian Bicking
- Nick Chapman
- Rob Helmer
- Shell Escalante
- Sylvestre Ledru
- Tarek Ziade
- Toby Elliot
- Please sign up for the Mozlando demo(s) ASAP. (I know at least nchapman and tarek have demos planned - laura) https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_mozlando_demo
- (bsmedberg) Several Firefox people want a training session to learn how to use gofaster for Firefox development (unconference). (see email to all-moco-mofo)
- The Add-ons one I'd recommend coming too.
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Hello has landed as a system add-on in Nightly. Congrats!
- Build pipeline (JP/rhelmer/phrawzty)
- Laura will set up follow up meeting (probably Thursday).
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Wrapping up first release to demo in Orlando.
- Working through some privacy (read: legal) issues before we release to internal/vouched Mozillians.
- Technically complete is best complete.
- Updates (tarek)
- We have a server-side (file storage) v1 ready for syncing the files catalog (==Kinto with file storage API).
- Fennec (rnewman)
- Looking into on-demand add-on installation.
- Thinking about what we accomplish by importing back into mozilla-central.
- Seemed to have settled on web localization.
- Localization: we have 13 "key" locales, we're not sure what to do about updating for people outside those locales.
- QA may be kind of ad hoc?
Roundtable and Q&A
- (bsmedberg) replacing hotfixes with gofaster addons
- "I'd like to propose that we use gofaster addons for all future "hotfixing" work, and rip out the current hotfix mechanism." (see email to gofaster ML) +1
- (Axel) Should hello and pocket do the same thing? https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1215694 seems to diverge.
- rhelmer says that file locations are good. Many stakeholders have interest following up on the code move in terms of ownership (back to pocket?) and APIs (over to webextensions?).