January 5, 2016
- New time for 2016: Tuesdays at 11:30 local in San Francisco, CA, USA (conversions)
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC: #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_20160105
- 2016 H1 strategic initiatives are as follows:
- System add-ons
- System addons infrastructure complete: Documented, simple, easy to ship/update, easy to localize. (Q2)
- Staged rollout of a system addon: With a/b testing (Q2)
- Measurement infrastructure in place: Telemetry for go-faster addons (Q2)
- String delivery and updates are decoupled from trains (May tweak the wording here slightly, but essentially l10n work to support Go Faster) (Q2)
- Idea town
- Idea town launch: Release opt-in platform that allows us to perform controlled tests of new high-visibility product concepts in the general release channel of Firefox (Q2)
- Idea town locale expansion: Expand Idea town beyond en-US (Q1)
- Idea town metrics dashboard: Metrics dashboard to aid experiment authors in making decisions (Q2)
- What are we doing in Q1 (and who owns/will work on each)? Candidate list:
- Hello in 45, updates when?
- OneCRL when?
- Fennec DLC when?
- Finalize infrastructure
- Scope and prototypes for rollout and telemetry systems
- Scope and prototype hotfix replacement mechanism
- Work with l10n teams on scoping and beginning work
- IdeaTown locale expansion
- IdeaTown launch
- What (other) new system add-ons/data updates/DLC/etc are in the pipeline?
- AMO blocklist
- [Would be good to have a system add-on that was not a third party wrapper.]
- Client integration (Mossop/rhelmer)
- Should this still be an update item?
- Build + tools
- This includes updates and will expand to include rollout and telemetry in H1
- Need to staff this in Q1, working on it
- IdeaTown (nchapman)
- Updates (tarek)
- Fennec (rnewman)
- l10n (Pike)
- [Pike: Could you please summarize the outcomes of the Orlando discussions for this group? - laura]
- Writing things up on L10n:2016