March 22, 2016
- Tuesdays at 11:30 local in San Francisco, CA, USA (conversions).
- Vidyo: ProgramManagement
- IRC: #gofaster
- Etherpad for Minutes: https://pad.mocotoolsprod.net/gofaster_20160322
- [mark] hoping to push out something to 45
- trying to get clearance with release drivers
- maybe this week.
- [ian] talked a bit with Osmose about process about what a GoFaster release looks like
- some risk in the process
Build + tools (lonnen/rhelmer/bhearsum)
- [laura] firefox configuration management system = Balrog
- [bhearsum] working on a plan maybe next quarter.
- [bhearsum] discussions with Osmose
Test Pilot (wil)
- [clouserw] on track. functional test was a success. https://testpilot.firefox.com (@mozilla.com Accounts are functional)
- [clouserw] ~May-ish tentative launch. long pole is metrics pipeline.
- [tarek] adding tests, then we'll be able to verify all data coming from kinto
- [tarek] AMO blocklist: working on client-side. server side is about ready
- exploration into GFX
- [tarek] plan is for a transition phase to have both systems working to build confidence in metrics.
- [ask:tarek] any guidance for gfx?
- [laura] will ask for volunteers.
- [margaret] patch to enable downloadble fonts, hoping to uplift to 47. static for 47, kinto for 48.
- [margaret] work with switchboard server for staged rollouts. start A/B testing this week/next week in Nightly.
- started a weekly meeting with Miles.
- [laura] asked rweiss about using switchboard as a possibility for A/B testing.
Roundtable and Q&A
- Please add items on the etherpad
- 2016 H1 strategic initiatives:
- System add-ons
- System addons infrastructure complete: Documented, simple, easy to ship/update, easy to localize. (Q2)
- Staged rollout of a system addon: With a/b testing (Q2)
- Measurement infrastructure in place: Telemetry for go-faster addons (Q2)
- String delivery and updates are decoupled from trains (May tweak the wording here slightly, but essentially l10n work to support Go Faster) (Q2)
- Test Pilot
- Test Pilot launch: Release opt-in platform that allows us to perform controlled tests of new high-visibility product concepts in the general release channel of Firefox (Q2)
- Test Pilot metrics dashboard: Metrics dashboard to aid experiment authors in making decisions (Q2)
- Q1 goals:
- Ship Hello as a system add-on and update it
- OneCRL via Kinto into production
- Fennec fonts installed on demand (DLC) via Kinto
- Scope and prototypes for rollout and telemetry systems
- Test Pilot locale expansion - Nick/Wil
- Test Pilot launch - Nick/Wil