Actions from last meeting
General Topics / Roundtable
(tips/tricks/FYI, productivity improvements, industry news)
- Focus is on e10s test fixing for most of the Desktop Experience team (Dolske+Panos)
- [MattN] https://wiki.mozilla.org/Electrolysis/e10s_test_tips is useful
- You can use SpecialPowers.loadChromeScript with a file or function to synchronously run code in the parent from a mochitest. This is very useful for fixing mochitests that were relying on synchronously running code that now needs to be in the parent process. Example: https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/36545/diff/3#3
- [mikedeboer] Assert.jsm is coming to ContentTask! https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1241930
- [RyanVM] Lots of e10s intermittents in Firefox/Toolkit hanging off bug 984139 - http://mzl.la/1SfjpJN
- [MattN] https://twitter.com/FirefoxNightly is alive again!
- [florian] Mozilla has been accepted as a mentoring organization for Google Summer of Code 2016
- [mconley] We have some Outreachy projects posted as well: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Outreachy
- [mconley] MozReview double-click commenting was removed, and put into a WebExtension instead: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rb-doubleclick/
- The MozReview team is getting together in a few weeks to work on some front-end bugs, specifically for reviewers
- The MozReview team got some time from UX, and they're helping them re-think the workflows
Friends of the Firefox team
(Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Introductions)
- Resolved bugs (excluding employees): http://mzl.la/1nePqo1
- More than one bug fixed:
- Eric Hu
- Sebastian H. [:aryx][:archaeopteryx]
- Vidhuran Harichandra Babu
- Beta 46 will force requiring signed add-ons
- Any test add-ons in the tree need to be signed or loaded temporarily
- Thanks everybody for the big push in helping to make tests work. Highly appreciated.
- Kan-Ru and his team from Taipei are going to start helping with e10s. blassey is having them work on stability.
- Some (maybe all?) of our release criteria has been turned into bugs blocking M9: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cf_tracking_e10s%3Am9%2B&list_id=12882807
- A bunch of us are working on talos regressions
- A new tab open Talos test is being created
- E10s rollout plans
- Stabilising Hello for various releases.
- Tested out the Go Faster update system on 45 beta ("empty update"), to a small number of users. As far as we know it was successful.
- Starting to get a lot of process worked out - working on documenting it as we go.
- FF 45 will be shipped with "1.0" built in. We are looking at doing an update (aka "1.1") to 45 users after release.
- Pointer sharing is now in nightly, click indications coming soon.
- HTTPS sites with user-added security exceptions will now use the grey lock with yellow triangle icon in the identity box and control center (bug 1201437)
- Added a button to revoke security exceptions in the control center (bug 1220753)
Quality of Experience
- Bunch of individual bugfixes, mostly...
- Installer wasn't pinning to Windows taskbar in some cases, make Firefox stop doing the default-browser prompt if you opted-out in the installer, make the default browser "always ask" pref always apply when Firefox *is* the default browser.
- Bookmark panel shows on first click now, main bookmark menu shows 5 most-recent bookmarks
- Onscreen keyboard disabled for Windows 8 in 45
- Edge bookmark & reading list migration fixes uplifted to 45
- WIP patches for improved awesomebar results UI and search hijacking remediation
- Landed and uplifted numerous fixes around startup and shutdown crashes related to Places
- The Search bar & URL bar unification telemetry experiment concluded, we are now in data gathering phase to determine next steps