- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- Perf target is now only focusing on tab animation performance. On TBPL, see the T(S) test named TART.
- Australis Meeting Notes
- addressed by patch in bug 906615 (below): bug 809051 - Limit how often we thumbnail the page using the foreground service
- landed: bug 901294 - Unexpected downloading will be started by after every restart of the browser due to background thumbnailing
- new patch for review: bug 906615 - Background thumbnail service shouldn't overwrite existing thumbnails, or at least foreground thumbnails should be preferred
- WIP patch: bug 910563 - gracefully handle remote process crashing
- in patch-review cycle: bug 910036 - about:newtab shouldn't load thumbnails in background when hidden by preloader
- fixed: bug 898743 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_update.js
- fixed: bug 905443 - Forward content policy shouldLoad calls from the child to the parent
- which brings us closer to fixing: bug 904341 - Content-blocking addons not working with background thumbnails
- work ongoing: bug 909218 - Anonymous docShells
- maybe fixed by bug 884471's landing: bug 879687 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js | Exited with code -20 during test run
- new: bug 909933 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_update.js | thumbnail is still green - Got 255,0,0, expected 0,255,0
- new: bug 909611 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_update.js | Test timed out
Places API asyncification
- working on last 2 feature bugs (891225, 891219), primarily test related issues at this point
- need to understand e10s issues blocking remote iframe issues (will touch base with markh if nobody in meeting knows)
- a couple possible beta bugs, but maybe too late?
- bug 891218 Remote frameworker (Landed, preffed off)
- bug 905439, bug 905441, bug 905443 Add-on support bugs that enable AdBlockPlus to work (All landed)
- bug 666816 Findbar (in progress)
- bug 899348 Tab crashed page (about to land)
- I'm back! I missed you guys :)
- Thailand was *awesome*. Updates soon about what we found.
- One teaser: Searching for information was the most important use for the browser. People equated a "fast and easy" browser as one that got them to a search box the fastest; Users said that Chrome was the browser of choice because they didn't have to go to "google.com" to perform a search. On Android, many people used the Google search widget to access the Internet, not the browser.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)