Actions from last meeting
General Topics / Roundtable
(tips/tricks/FYI, productivity improvements, industry news)
- [mconley] Filed: Bug 1222546 - Product plan: remove support for heavyweight themes
- Filed: Bug 1222550 - Product plan: remove tab groups
- [bgrins] New 'Store as global variable' feature in the web console in 44 that could come in handy for Browser Console users: https://bug1025778.bmoattachments.org/attachment.cgi?id=8680676.
- [mconley] Discussion on removing current about:permissions UI: https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/firefox-dev/2015-November/003509.html
- [Axel] Struggling to get strings for 44 wrapped up
- [MattN] Bug 1221365 added a new helper to determine if a URI is for a secure context (according to the Secure Context spec). Please use this over custom scheme checks as it also includes things like localhost.
Friends of the Firefox team
(Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Introductions)
Resolved bugs (excluding employees): http://mzl.la/1MIprek More than one bug fixed:
- Andrew Krawchyk
- Eduard Hanu
- Harshit Bansal
- Luca Greco
- Sebastian H. [:aryx][:archaeopteryx]
- Tom Schuster [:evilpie]
- Tooru Fujisawa [:arai]
(Adora has a conflict during this timeslot and is looking for a replacement to come to this meeting)
- Written updates would also be better than nothing
- [mconley]: 31 M8's remaining: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/buglist.cgi?quicksearch=cf_tracking_e10s%3Am8%2B&list_id=12671179
- [mconley]: Telemetry experiment has concluded - waiting on the perf team for analysis
- [mconley]: The e10s team is starting to spec out performance work, and is triaging the e10s-perf meta bug this week: bug e10s-perf
- meeting last week skipped for launch activities
- e10s & user journey work ongoing.
- Moving Hello to a system add-on, and separating out main development to a different repository.
- Fx44 work needing strings
- Upgrade notification
- favicons in notifications
- Tracking Protection in Private Browsing shipped in 42!
- Insecure passwords on HTTP are disabled in Aurora until we fix a few edge cases
- Search hijacking countermeasure landed (bug 1203167)
- Studied telemetry data to identify next steps
- Touch keyboard stuff: some issues are on file regarding machines with hardware keyboards (e.g. 2-in-1 convertibles). Follow along in bug 1221947.
- Looking at styling of form controls
This week I learned…
[gijs] XPIDL not doing what you want for C++/JS? You can change it! Code in xpcom/idl-parser/ Working on making optional out params actually optional in C++ land (bug 1223142).
- We could do this for (some) optional input params, too, though it would be a little trickier.
[mconley] Outparams over IPC might not behave how you'd expect: http://mikeconley.ca/blog/2015/10/30/a-printing-story-and-a-psa-outparams-over-the-ipc-layer-might-not-behave-like-youd-expect/ [mconley] Accidentally prune a changeset with hg? Bring it back to life with hg touch -r [sha] lost the sha? hg log --hidden is your friend!
- also, hg log -k lets you search through summaries with keywords if there are just too many csets to look through