- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- For me, this has rendered this version of Firefox unusable, and my only alternative was to uninstall it and reinstall 22. I hope that these option checkboxes will be restored in Firefox 24.
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- brinks7 who (although ~2.5 years ago) provided a great STR that helped _a lot_ with finally fixing bug 637020. [ttaubert]
- onemen.one for providing lots of helpful comments on recent SessionStore improvements and regressions. [ttaubert]
- Still fighting performance regressions. Not much to say beyond that. Pushing as hard as we can.
- Trying to get more help from the Graphics and Layout teams.
- It is a matter of days before switching the
- Will wait before posting the bi-weekly update to firefox-dev
- Lots of open bugs, many due to IPC. Exposed lots of problems in the browser's e10s implementation, such as it is so far.
- See dependency tree.
- Apparently background thumbnails break AdBlockPlus and possibly other add-ons, for some definition of "break." See bug 904341.
- Lots of smaller code cleanups that help us understand more details and maintain SessionStore.
- Work on reducing SessionStore impact when creating tabs to restore a session (bug 900803 and bug 901137) in progress.
- We are working on introducing an API to store data per session bug 899213, just like Scratchpad does.
- Fixed a very long-standing data loss issue bug 637020 that could make us lose whole windows when crashing at or shortly after startup.
- Getting closer to move first parts of the data collection to content scripts, bug 894595, bug 903388, and bug 904003.
Places API asyncification
- met with potential new providers
- w3c social standards workshop wrapped up
- refocus on getting to review stage for better multi provider support
- bug 899222 About:home backed out
- Three bugs of interest
- Design Patterns proposal for Notifications + application to Mixed Content / CtP (hooray, not too much backlash!)
- Darrin is working on some animation prototypes so that we can test our discoverability assumptions
- Once we've gotten some degree of confidence in the patterns, I'll file bugs for Mixed Content and CtP
- what's the next step in moving this forward?
- Encouraging more design contributors
- what would be useful for engineers?
- Browser hanging up
- Working on it
- I am not saying I usually have 23 tabs open (right now there are only 21), but this time the hang up was because the popup box saying do you want to shut down the plug in was hidden (shouldn't that be top level, and what happens if two windows want to be top level?). I have to say that I yearn for the old days when I could just use the lean and mean Opera that never hung up ever. This was probably over 5 years ago now. And I know it is almost useless for me to even be complaining about hang ups when I am using Windows (7?), instead of just switching to Linux...
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)