Actions from last meeting
General Topics / Roundtable
(tips/tricks/FYI, productivity improvements, industry news)
- Services.io.newURI("chrome://foo/bar", null, null) will throw since it requires a path after the "part". See https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Tech/XUL/Tutorial/The_Chrome_URL
- chrome://FirefoxAccounts is the placeholder URI string used for FxA credentials in the password manager and causes problems.
- Some useful tips for debugging intermittent test failures: https://wiki.mozilla.org/DevTools/Intermittents
Friends of the Firefox team
(Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs. Introductions)
- Resolved bugs (excluding employees): http://mzl.la/1LnMMs2
- More than one bug fixed:
- Giorgio Maone [:mao]
- Masatoshi Kimura [:emk]
- Running an experiment on beta 46 - 10%, no apz
- Might start using the e10s-rollout system add-on afterwards
- e10s tests
- uplift fixes to aurora with a=test-only
- Ash is up and running, still needs greening up - https://treeherder.mozilla.org/#/jobs?repo=ash&revision=21077a8abccf&group_state=expanded
- Working with some core folks to get the final e10s issues fixed. 3 main blockers remaining, though can probably turn on with 2 of those fixed.
- Working on releasing a 1.1 version to users on 45 (via go faster) - likely go live date 21st.
- Also working on a 1.2 version to be released alongside 46 - improvements to the Hello UX flow, adding click indications for tab sharing.
- Working on e10s tests
- r+ on 2/3 of Bug 667233 - HTTP passwords should be used on the HTTPS version of the same domain
- Won't land until bug 1127579 does to avoid regressing formSubmitURL behaviour
Quality of Experience
- Lots of quality E10S test fixing.
- 3 regressions in 45 (causing user search settings to be lost, or the searchbar to be unusable) are being fixed for 45.0.1 (see bug 1254694 & bug 1255605 for details)
- There's a try server build for the new awesomebar design: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1181078#c22