- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- More performance stuff!
- We've determined that switching to SVG curves and putting the linear-gradient into the active tab stroke image will put Windows XP in the black WRT TART. \o/ Patches en route (but partially blocked on shorlander for graphics assets for lw-themes)
- We've determined that the slowdown for OS X 10.6 is caused by the GPU taking longer to composite things when we have the tabs drawn in the titlebar. mconley is going to try to use Xcode's OpenGL Profiler to determine what we're waiting for.
- Improvements to Linux theming.
- Recent tabs/windows added to the history widgets
- Drag improvements in customize mode
- Improved handling of wide widgets in the menu panel
- Improved panel layouts
- Improved styling of combined buttons
- Reduce maintenance and support surface by locking the Downloads API activation preference in place
- WIP patch awaiting Tim's feedback: bug 809056 - reduce thumbnailing impact when there are no thumbnail service consumers
- putting on hold for now, until graphics people are able to work on it: improving canvas.drawWindow() performance
- resolving goal as complete: ensure minimal resource usage by background thumbnail service
- profiled I/O, network usage, results are good: bug 899848 - Ensure minimal disk io caused by background thumbnailing
- looking at remaining e10s-related crashes before finally enabling background thumbnail service on Beta and release channels
- landed: bug 924651 - BackgroundPageThumbs should log crashes as a telemetry completion reason
- landed: bug 924665 - BackgroundPageThumbs captures can finish twice
- trying to reproduce on try server: bug 917517 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background_crash.js | dumpID is present and not an empty string
- trying to find reduced test case for strange OS.File behavior: bug 909933 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_update.js | thumbnail is still green - Got 255,0,0, expected 0,255,0
- A few code cleanups (bug 923034, bug 923854).
- Fix a rather rare regression for windows quickly opened at startup (bug 900910).
- Fixing lost windows due to ID collisions (bug 925771).
- Ensure write instructions after shutdown will be prevented (bug 922785, bug 922814)
- Remove synchronous startup code (bug 918024).
- Still working to get rid of saving state right after startup (bug 887780, bug 921581).
- Marionette tests for startup path are coming along
- Work to collect more data in content scripts to be e10s friendly (bug 909048, bug 910668, bug 919835).
Places API asyncification
- dependencies blocking async transaction manager got reviewed, meeting tomorrow to discuss current status of the remaining patches.
- Raymond attached new patch to do async queries in bookmarks backups, reviewing it.
- Backups hash comparison blocked due to a test failure, investigation ongoing.
- Investigated url index replacement through the hashing functions in mfbt, still really early wip.
- hoping to land patch to pref on multiple workers (bug 906839)
- spending a little time on less important but more interesting functionality that will help move a couple more providers
- working on rebranding
- working on documentation
- going on vacation then mozfest, little progress will be made over the next couple weeks
- Summit sessions | mini work week
- bug 897061 Autocomplete
- bug 919835 Session Restore
- bug 921935 bug 925058 Focus manager
It was Madhava's birthday last Wednesday and Canadian Thanksgiving this Monday, so obviously we didn't get any work done ;-)
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)