- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
For TART performance, we've drilled down to 2 bugs:
- bug 924415 - Find out why setting chromemargin to 0,-1,-1,-1 is so expensive for TART on UX branch on OS X.
- Affects OS X 10.6 the most, and 10.7 a little bit. Accounts for almost the entirety of the OS X TART regression.
- The investigation on this has reached a point where we need dedicated help from Graphics. Waiting to hear from Milan to see if they can give us some cycles.
- bug 921038 - Move selected tab linear-gradient into stroke image and/or SVG
- Coupled with SVG caching (which just hit inbound, and will hopefully stick this time), this should be enough to neutralize the Windows XP TART regression.
- MattN and mconley are still trying to determine if this is a practical way of drawing the tab backgrounds. Tabs are complicated, and there are many cases we have to account for, so we're still doing that.
For general usability/feature bugs:
- We have made great progress on P1 and P2 bugs. We now have a number of P3 and P4 bugs to focus on, and will likely retriage these bugs to account for the large number in their buckets and keep up the great pace.
- WIP patch still awaiting Tim's feedback: bug 809056 - reduce thumbnailing impact when there are no thumbnail service consumers
- new (and applies to background thumbnailing also): bug 928014 - Investigate removing thumbnail IO worker thread
- Ready to enable on beta and release (see bug 927688), with the possible exception of a hang in bug 902755, which is in the patch-review cycle, and a failing compositor assertion also discussed in that bug.
- We'd like to uplift enable-on-beta-and-release to Aurora so that it makes its way to beta sooner rather than later, on the next merge. These bugs need to be uplifted as well: bug 924665, bug 917610, bug 917609. All apply cleanly to Aurora. Tryserver results with those bugs applied to Aurora.
- fixed: bug 897872 - crash in mozilla::dom::ContentParent::RecvAddGeolocationListener
- in patch-review cycle: bug 902755 - Deadlock in mozilla::ipc::GeckoChildProcessHost::LaunchAndWaitForProcessHandle after turning on new tab page thumbnails
- patch for Dolske's review, but Gavin points out another approach that happens to be blocked by another bug: bug 908277 - Make sure the background thumbnail service can't open permission UI
- investigated further: bug 893404 - Intermittent browser_thumbnails_background.js | Test timed out
- Worked on a few regressions that were introduced lately, our startup code path is complicated. (bug 853779, bug 929097, bug 918276, bug 928630, bug 900910, bug 919532, bug 912975).
- Landed a couple of patches that bring us closer to data collection working in an e10s build (bug 909048, bug 910668, bug 921762).
- Still working on cleaning up patches for Marionette restart/shutdown support and adding more tests for SessionStore's startup path (bug 923607, bug 923606).
- We're almost ready to land bug 899276 that prevents private tabs from being saved to disk which means that it should be easier for add-ons to make docShells private.
- Also almost ready to land the global value API that we've been working for a while now (bug 899213).
- We landed bug 921581 that will bring us closer to a working and sane crash detection mechanism that would have prevented most of the regressions we talked about above.
Places API asyncification
- bug 922756 Bbondy finishing up Windows sandbox
- bug 897061 Felipe working on autocomplete
- bug 919835 Billm working on session restore
- Dvander working on OMTC software compositor for Windows and Linux.
- Ncameron is working on hardware-accelerated compositor for Windows.
- Mhammond working on e10s tests.
- add your qawanted/qa-urgent request here
- train QA leads
- 25 - ashughes
- 26 - juanb
- 27 - tracy
- 28 - ashughes
- 29 - juanb
- 30 - tracy
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)