- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Project Updates
- 5 Stand ups
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Handy local meeting time link
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- ~70 P1s, P2s and P3s remaining.
- Paris work week was very useful for giving us a sense of the remaining work
- Current focus areas:
- Panel layout strangeness
- Tabs in Titlebar toggle
- Customize transition smoothness
- Styling of panels, Windows 8 (general), OS X (toolbars)
- Add-on compat
- landed: bug 809056 - reduce thumbnailing impact when there are no thumbnail service consumers
- landed: bug 960941 - gBrowserThumbnails expiration filter should be based on top sites, not open pages
Places API asyncification
- bugs bugs bugs and intermittent orange, my favorite new band
- bug 942374 Session Restore
- bug 691614 Browser Zooming
- bug 938904 <a>/image tooltips
- bug 961868 Pinned tabs
- bug 960859 Mouse wheel scroll
- bug 962370 Iteration 1: dogfooding blockers
- bug 963359 Iteration 2: dogfooding usability bugs
- bug 960783 "New e10s window" option
Internet Connectivity Detection
Intern Val (vt on IRC) is working on improving Firefox's error messages to users. More specifically the internet connectivity detection on desktop. The rationale is that if there is an internet connectivity issue, we should let the user know this is the case and help them fix it.
Currently there is a disabled pref network.manage-offline-status. It will detect if there is no internet connectivity and set the browser in "work offline" mode. This behavior is present in Fennec and FxOS to detect connectivity issues on mobile.
There are some inconsistencies about what error messages we give to the user based on the platform
- On mobile: we tell the user to check their internet connectivity.
- On desktop: we tell the user they are in "offline mode" and attempt to disable it. This is not a very good error message if they don't have internet.
Does someone in the call have background on the following topics?
- History of the "work offline" mode and use cases associated it
- Issues with the internet connectivity detection on Desktop.
- Design choice for internet connectivity to share state with user triggered "work offline" mode.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
(gavin's Status Board)
(paolo's Status Board)
(marco's Status Board)
(Neil's Status Board)
(felipe's Status Board)
(Mano's Status Board)
(Tim's Status Board)
(Drew's Status Board)
(Mark's Status Board)
(Steven's Status Board)
(dolske's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(Mike's Status Board)
(gijs' Status Board)
(Blair's Status Board)
(MattN's Status Board)
(jaws's Status Board)
(mixedpuppy's Status Board)