- 1 Details
- 2 General Topics
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Decisions needed/Action items
- 5 Stand ups
- 6 UX Updates
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
- Work week bug triage
- Performance projects
- Timely completion of larger performance work
- Increased visibility for your performance work
- Project definition
- Product impact - what products will this work impact?
- Goal - what will your project achieve and how will you know that you're done?
- Duration - what is the rough estimate for your project's completion? (ex, June, 2-3 months, Q3)
- Team - who is the project lead and who else is working on the project?
- Progress reports - how can others get updates without bugging you? Benjamin's weekly status tool, TeamStatus, and bi-weekly blog posts
- Work - how can others track your work? link to bugs, etherpad, wiki
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- Florian Bender, who's been helpful in filing bugreports, triage, and also in helping out users complaining on the Techcrunch article about Australis ( http://techcrunch.com/2013/06/01/mozilla-readies-major-firefox-redesign-as-it-ponders-what-the-browser-of-the-future-should-look-like/ )
- Christian Ascheberg contributed 2 patches for the download manager in bug 863063 and bug 872330
- Xidorn Quan contributed a patch for the Downloads Panel in bug 861613
- Optimizer's Downloads Panel patch for bug 844606 landed in Nightly and Aurora
- Lizzard for triaging good first bugs and figuring some of those are WFM
Decisions needed/Action items
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 1 minute!
- Landed: bug 810490 - Constant stack space promise
- Reviewed: bug 858234 - merge ExecuteDesiredAction paths into nsDownloadManager
- Various reviews on the Downloads API
- Prioritize remaining work on the Downloads API
- Continue reviews and coding on the Downloads API
- Work on converting promise consumers to the new module
- Bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might unexpectedly use ftp:// instead of http://
- Bug 858377 - Intermittent test_393498.js | false == true
- Bug 874407 - new history displays incorrectly in Library window/sidebar
- Feedback Bug 702559 - Create a pure-async mozIStorageAsyncConnection
- Review Bug 794323 - Remove the legacy JSON parsing mode
- Review Bug 860119 - Live-update about:home when defaultEngine changes
- Review Bug 863063 - quitting private browsing mode does not delete partially downloaded files
- Review Bug 872317 - Download indicator toolbar button depends on an odd XBL quirk
- Review Bug 874171 - (SQLite3.7.17) Upgrade to SQLite 3.7.17
- Feedback Bug 878411 - crash in mozilla::storage::Connection::internalClose @ sqlite3WalClose
- Review Bug 878690 - SafariProfileMigrator.js should use FormHistory.jsm
- Other minor reviews
- Complete tests for Bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might unexpectedly use ftp:// instead of http://
- Help Yoric with Bug 702559 - Create a pure-async mozIStorageAsyncConnection
- Review UP Places approach (bug 864918, bug 864925)
- bug 853389 - AddonRepository - 3 patches are r+, just one left now!
- bug 862519 - Backspace key for e10s - started drafting a patch
- Getting my GSOC student started
I probably won't get home on time, so here are the notes for today.
Async login manager: XPCOM and js-module APIs, plus a fake-async implementation are posted on the bug for review and feedback. Once the APIs are finalized and approved, we're going to land this and start fixing all in tree callers (mostly tests). The callers will be fixed incrementally. In parallel, the fake-async implementation will be replaced by Neil's work (It's still unclear if we can do that gradually. I'll comment on that later).
- Continued the fight against reflows.
- Added nsIDOMWindowUtils.getBoundsWithoutFlushing() (bug 878801).
- Landed support for reflow observers (bug 453650).
- Almost ready to enable newtab page preloading by default (bug 791670).
- Worked on getting rid of browser.stop() call in addTab() (bug 878747).
(From dolske's Status Board):
- Intern (cers) gone now
- FirefoxOS / YouTube app video control bugs
- Found a fun JS JIT performance bug over the weekend (878627)
- Did a bit more work on memtest.js -- works, finds bad memory.
(couldn't stay in meeting. Will update later)