From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
  • Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
    • People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
    • SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
  • #fx-team for backchannel
  • "Firefox" Vidyo Room

Round Table

  • Post-work week recap
  • Mailing list transition plan: blog post
  • Tracking community contributions
  • Jared: bug triage sessions
  • Update on MSU student work (safari-style page zoom)

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!



Foreseeable future:


Last week:

  • Work week!
    • Meetings, demos, brainstorming and fun
  • Reviews
  • bug 836493 - fix race condition with ServiceMainThreadInitializer in mozStorageService.cpp

This week


  • Address marco's review comments for bug 566746.
  • Bug 480356, move code which handles filling in tooltips from html pages into the tooltip binding. This allows tooltip to handling to work without copying code.




  • Attack left-over thumbnails bugs.
  • Enable new tab page preloading by default.
  • Remove Panorama.
  • Talked to Yoric about ways to make session restore less janky.




What did I do last week?

  • Work week!
  • Lots of performance testing and tweaking with MattN on Australis tabs.

What am I doing this week?

  • Simona from QA has found some rather annoying Downloads Manager bugs that we'd like to stomp ASAP. Full list of blockers here: bug 747422.
  • Finish up bug 813802 - menu in titlebar for restored windows. It's taking too long.
  • Avi from the Perf team has a few ideas for MattN and I to further speed up the tabstrip.

What's blocking me?

  • Nothing.




Since last meeting:

  • Helped testing relanding of Growl patches
  • bug 838244 - Proposal to create a directory for shared theme resources (discussion thread)
  • Australis discussion related to LWT
  • A lot of Australis performance benchmarking with mconley
  • Reviewed Password Manager regression caused by making dead code work
  • Discussed captive portal and form fill

This week:

  • Filed a bunch of perf/gfx follow-up bugs based on investigations last week
  • Notification API review
  • Submit patch for themes/shared - bug 838244
  • More Australis perf. benchmarks and discussion with avih
  • Test Linux Australis tabs


Last week:


Worked on:

  • animating the find toolbar
  • slow startup
  • rebased error pages work

This week:

  • wrote patch to fix a bug with the debugger (show debug location on top of breakpoints, bug 788165)
  • wrote patch to fix the notification-animation only occurring once per window, bug 825035 (although it was a bit complicated to get it working, not sure if we want it)
  • reviews for a bunch of bugs
  • need to rebase the patch for the customization panel and spend some more time working on it.
  • need to blog about the work week

Blockers: None



Last week:

  • drank beer, ate sausages

This week:

  • addon manager for social
  • meeting with UR about social
  • help if needed landing multiprovider patches
  • scheduling Social/WebRTC Apps/Persona kickoff
  • Web install
  • more on share if possible

Next Week:

  • PTO

UX Updates

It's full of whimsy.

Decisions needed/Action items

  • bug 838244 - Proposal to create a directory for shared theme resources (discussion thread)
  • [Jared] Action item created on 2/5, organize some triage meetings. The basic premise is to include 2 peers/owners, and one of the more recent contributors to the component (if this person is in the 2 peer/owner set, then we don't need a third person). We will go over bugs that are marked as NEW during the triage, with the goal of resolving bugs as DUPE, WONTFIX, or moving bugs to the correct component. I will send out a list of the bugs that will be triaged in advance of the meeting so the participants can familiarize themselves with the bugs ahead of time.