- 1 Details
- 2 Round Table
- 3 Friends of the Firefox team
- 4 Stand ups
- 5 UX Updates
- 6 Decisions needed/Action items
- Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
- Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
- People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
- US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
- US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
- CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
- UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
- FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
- Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
- SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
- irc.mozilla.org #fx-team for backchannel
- "Firefox" Vidyo Room
Friends of the Firefox team
Give a shoutout/thanks to people for helping fix and test bugs.
- What did you do last week?
- What are working on this week?
- Anything blocking you?
Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!
- Bug Triage
- Downloads API
- Submitted talk proposal for jsDay
- Connect the Downloads API with the Downloads Panel experimentally
- Review bug 769348 - URLs auto-completed in address bar might unexpectedly use ftp:// instead of http://.
- Cleaned up patches for frecency (bug 737836, still needs new test) and autofill (bug 769348) improvements
- Landed about:home storage abstraction and test rewrite (bug 820834, bug 820834)
- Investigated downloads panel regression bug 845836
- Helped UP team figuring out failures in UP prototype patch we made during the work week
- Handled requests: (bug 566746, bug 822200, bug 834543, bug 835581, bug 835803, bug 842553, bug 844958, bug 846754)
- bunch of reviews, included async form history, dom storage rewrite, new bookmarks backups module
- investigate possible performance win for Places and autofill (bug 843357 - Evaluate dropping "www." from rev_host column)
- indexedDB in about:home
- need shorlander UI-r on bug 748894 - Move the bookmark star button outside of the location bar
- need Mano reviews on API deprecations (bug 838874, bug 838839), and perf win (bug 830423)
- New patches for asynchronous form history uploaded
- Bug 407983, work on patches for clipboardData and clipboard events, adding constuctor and addressing review comments
- Review download manager patches, as well as arrow panel patch in bug 824963.
Will miss meeting due to appointment.
- Reviewed bug 786133, bug 809085, almost finished with bug 673875
- Started work at bug 831208 - async content prefs
- Working and talks about AOM perf improvements - AOM itself and identifying bad add-ons
- Finally landed the patch that avoids black borders for thumbnails.
- Corrected the ProfLD directory on Android after we changed it for Linux.
- Worked on fixing disappearing CTP icons after swapping docShells.
- Investigated new tab page performance impact (XUL -> XHTML, XUL flexbox -> CSS 3 flexbox, delayed loading).
- Various reviews.
- Triaged all the bugs (all the bugs) in FF:Phishing Protection in prep for bug 810114. Went from 120 to 71 open.
- I blogged on IRC notifications.
- Misc reviews. Still a mostly-empty queue!
- Australis tabs
- Re-ported curvy tab changes to Linux GTK theme (super-easy thanks to shared/)
- Found some old mstange patches that we need to make tabs-in-titlebar on OSX performant. Landed bug 676250, testing bug 676248
- Coordinated with spohl for other OSX platform changes needed for performant tabs-in-titlebar (bug 676241) - he's getting in touch with rstrong and areinald to arrange how we want to attack this
- Jared and I are working under the jamun project branch (https://tbpl.mozilla.org/?tree=Jamun)
- Tried de-tangling panel from customization code, then abandoned that - the panel is very much a part of customization.
- Downloads panel
- Wrote a patch that fixes the alignment problems in the panel that I mentioned last week: bug 830182.
- Australis tabs
- Finish Linux curvy tabs patch and r? it
- Keep leaning on bug 738335 and dependencies
- Start removing hard-coded strings, and moving them into .properties and .dtd files
- Other stuff from this Etherpad
- Need shorlander eyes on bug 830182.
- Need tab-active-middle.png from shorlander to get Linux curvy tabs to ready-to-review state
no new getUserMedia blockers discovered so far, fingers crossed. focused on finishing the review of the revised patch for the mispositioned-pinned-tabs regression and reviewing the better performing australis tab shape styling.
- worked on Good First Bugs the past week and attached first patch for my first somewhat larger bug 819493.
- this week I will start working on Search hijacking and consolidating Search prefs to prevent that
- Australis tabs for OS X landed on UX and getting polish
- Working on shared/tabs.inc.css which makes porting and rebasing much easier.
- Polishing Windows tabs
- Thanks to Guillaume C. [:ge3k0s] for all his testing of Australis tabs
This past week:
- Made a lot of progress on drag/drop for Australis customization
- Got the Jamun project branch checked out for :mconley and myself to work on for menu & customization
- Put up a new patch for plain/text document handling, bug 253564
- Sent out a contributor email to firefox-dev and got good feedback from people for the next ones
- Did reviews for "playback rate switching on HTML5 video controls, bug 840745" and some social bugs
- Start landing patches for Australis customization on Jamun
- Need to schedule another bug triage for later this week
- social about:addons management landed
- started giving feedback on persona patches
- social service installation landing
- some future planning with asa
- QA/investigation on providers for Fx21
- need-ux on a bunch of stuff
- work on share
- planning and discussion around new providers
- work on requirements for services list in AMO
- Working on ui-r for a few bugs
- Investigating the curvy tab image
- Click-to-Play - http://people.mozilla.com/~shorlander/files/click-to-play-prototype/clickToPlay-Mockup-03.html
- FHR - http://people.mozilla.com/~shorlander/files/firefox-health-report/firefox-health-report-01.html
- Current Spec: http://cl.ly/2q3V1n1c0k0n
- only the header (everything from pg. 4-7 of the spec) will be in Firefox, rest will be server-side. Check with Mconnor for implementation
- No Android work yet, but maybe something to bring up on the weekly call (Wed 1:30 pm PST at MV-Zobocom)
- Strings from Matej coming: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=844170
- Click to Play
- User Research in progress. In general, people want to "always enable plugin" but don't discover how to do so, even now that we've put a gear icon on the in-content UI. Shorlander and I are talking about potentially displaying a disappearing doorhanger for all plugins.
- Working on insecure vs. regular CtP design this week
Decisions needed/Action items
Decide if we want a leading 0 in the wiki page name when this meeting falls between day 1 and day 9 of the month :-)