From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Tuesdays - 10:00am Pacific, 1:00pm Eastern, 17:00 UTC
  • Dial-in: Audio-only conference# 91337
    • People with Mozilla phones or softphones please dial x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Toll-free: +1 800 707 2533, (pin 4000) Conf# 91337
    • US/California/Mountain View: +1 650 903 0800, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/California/San Francisco: +1 415 762 5700, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • US/Oregon/Portland: +1 971 544 8000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/British Columbia/Vancouver: +1 778 785 1540, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • CA/Ontario/Toronto: +1 416 848 3114, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • UK/London: +44 (0)207 855 3000, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • FR/Paris: +33 1 84 88 37 37, x4000 Conf# 91337
    • Gmail Chat (requires Flash and the Google Talk plugin): paste +1 650 903 0800 into the Gmail Chat box that doesn't look like it accepts phone numbers
    • SkypeOut is free if you use the 800 number
  • #fx-team for backchannel
  • "Firefox" Vidyo Room

Major Topics for This Week

  • Work week update

Stand ups

Suggested format:

  • What did you do last week?
  • What are working on this week?
  • Anything blocking you?

Please keep your update to under 2 minutes!



Past weeks:

  • Download Architecture Improvements
  • Feedback on bug 662819 - Track "Application Reputation" for protection against socially engineered malware attacks and malicious executable downloads
    • Efficiently computing MD5 hashes of downloads is definitely something we can improve thanks to download architecture improvements
  • Downloads Panel
    • bug 812813 - Downloads panel needs to draw your attention when a download finishes
    • Feedback on bug 819428 - Focus rings should not be visible unless the user TABs around

Next week:


Reviews (partial list):

  • bug 787285 - Button-within-a-button in downloads panel feels confusing
  • bug 810208 - Clicking the Downloads Finished alert box always brings up public download list
  • bug 812813 - Downloads panel needs to draw your attention when a download finishes
  • bug 822343 - Downloads view takes far too long to render
  • bug 825852 - Add a further migration UI to move the downloads button in place.
  • bug 826425 - double-click on finished downloads in Library view doesn't open them
  • bug 826729 - in-content PB view looks weird and has non-working context menu
  • bug 817055 - Sort startup telemetry measurement by temporal ordering
  • bug 826421 - Remove Places onBeforeDeleteURI and onBeforeItemRemoved notifications in Sync
  • bug 825464 - Skip any revision of TELEMETRY_DISPLAY_REV in tests & WebApp

Patches (partial list):

  • bug 822572 - Add a Clear All Downloads option to the Library view
  • bug 825849 - Add a new API to remove visits by transition
  • bug 827164 - Double-click to open exe downloads not working
  • bug 827268 - Avoid useless onVisit work on the transition filtered queries
  • bug 827298 - Some "Unknown size" entries lack generic icon and Remove from history context menu
  • bug 827405 - Lazily "activate" download items when they become visible in the richlistbox area

This week:

  • finalize downloads panel feature (8 blockers to go)
  • feedback bug 825591 - Skeleton of asynchronous JavaScript API for downloads
  • review bug 566746 -Form history should use asynchronous storage API
  • bring on bug 700250 - Deprecate synchronous methods to add a visit (addVisit, addPageWithDetails, addURI)



(audio only)

  • Back from vacations
  • Catching up with review and feedback requests from the past weeks



I'm at the B2G work week in Berlin. Will unfortunately not be able to participate in the meeting. Current blocker count is 88.



  • Did some work (omgcode!) on the upcoming mixed-ssl content dialog.
  • Used the holidays to catch up on bugmail and reviews (well, most. sorry drew. soon!)
  • Misc recruiting work.
  • Getting our new intern up to speed!


Last week:

  • Getting back up to speed after holidays
  • Knocked out a few more downloads panel and Library bugs:
  • Started poking at getting mouse events to work in the OSX titlebar
    • Most of the #macdev folks were on vacation or swamped with other things, so I've been kinda flying solo in strange Cocoa and Objective-C code. Thanks to jaws and jdm for tips when I've needed them.
  • Got preliminary feedback from MattN on restored window Australis patch for Windows (bug 813802

This week:

  • Address MattN's feedback for bug 813802, get a review and get it landed.
    • If I get this done in time, start porting the Australis tab work from winstripe over to pinstripe.
  • Get a patch up for bug 647216 so the #macdev folks can take a poke at it
  • Fix last few P2 Downloads Panel blockers - the focusring one, in particular (bug 819428).


  • I need a few new icons from shorlander for the Downloads Panel and library (the "Clear Downloads" toolbar icon, and the 2x download start notification icon for Retina)




since last meeting:

  • Australis tabs base patch has r+ - pushed to UX
  • Australis tabs LWT waiting for review and also on UX
  • Discussed Australis perf with Avi
  • Vacation

this week

  • Address UX branch issue
  • Reviews


Last couple weeks:

  • Took some time off work and relaxed
  • Changed how the Social API toolbar buttons are created, might need to make another tweak for OS X (bug 811835)
  • A little bit of work on the video controls (bug 809278, bug 780826)
  • Removed some nearly dead code, bug 409686
  • Code reviews for click-to-play plugins and social API

This week:

  • Work on removing text&icons and text modes from the toolbars
  • Finish up the patch for animating the social api chat boxes
  • Get the MSU team up to speed with their semester project (multitouch gestures for OS X)


  • None


  • Just started yesterday as an intern! Yay! Welcome!



  • Mixed Content UI is being uplifted to Aurora. There's still some discussion about the design in 827595
  • IF we don't get text feedback from Matej today by noon PST, we are keeping the old text.


  • Icons for downloads panel, icons for media requests, icons and designs for mixed content blocking
  • Trying to collect my thoughts and sort priorities for 2013…

Decisions needed/Action items

Round Table

  • Mobile has a interesting section for Community, can we do the same?
  • Any other thoughts for fx-team email about resources for getting better at CSS? Please post!