Firefox/Projects/Authentication doorhanger notifications
Implement doorhanger notifications for HTTP Auth and Password Manager (and later Account Manager) to replace existing modal dialogs and notification bars.
- Project Lead: fyan
- Project Members: dolske, faaborg, margaret
- Persistent indicator with icon to be placed to the left of the site identity box of the location bar
- Notification panel spawned from the indicator target
- See Firefox/Projects/Doorhanger_notifications/Design, although that may be out-of-date...
- Unify the existing authentication UI (modal dialogs, notification bars, etc.) to handle user authentication in a doorhanger notification that is accessible, easily dismissable, and not phishable/spoofable.
- Firefox/Projects/SiteIdentity (might be out-of-date)
- Firefox/Projects/Doorhanger_notifications (might be out-of-date)
- Geolocation UI is being handled by another project.
- Converting all existing prompts and notification bars is not a goal of this project.
Timeline / Milestones
- bug 567804 - Convert HTTP Auth modal dialog to a doorhanger notification
- bug 567814 - Convert Remember Password notification bar from Password Manager to a doorhanger notification
- Notification API test suite as part of initial implementation?
- Backfill and updating of tests for current notifications?