Redesign notifications to address various issues with them and provide a unified action/notification area.
- Project Lead: gavin
- Project Members: faaborg (UX)
Landed on trunk. Some followup issues remain.
- Design and implement a new notification system as a replacement for notification boxes, to address their current limitations
Timeline / Milestones
Main tracking bug: bug 398776.
- Implement new notification API (popup based, allows specifying primary action button / secondary action menus)
- Use geolocation notification as initial proof of concept consumer.
- Migrate existing notificationbox users to new API
- Styling improvements to menu-buttons (bug 509642, notification panels, etc.)
- Notification API test suite as part of initial implementation
- Backfill and updating of tests for current notifications
- mozilla.dev.apps.firefox post: "New Notification UI"
- Test Plan
- Overview for coders (doorhanger notifications are also called "popup notifications")
- Code documentation for the popup notifications module