This project covers the design and creation of a Firefox Home Tab, a small persistent tab placed at the far left of the tab strip that will serve as the user's home on the Web.
- Project lead: Unfocused
- Project members: limi, faaborg
- Potential reviewers:
- QA contacts: marcia
- General tracking in bug 551849
- Still finishing up App Tabs project
- Replace home button with an App Tab that always loads on startup
- Continue to support user-customization of home page URL
- Continue to support multiple home pages
- Continue to allow customization of tools by allowing removal of the Home Tab
- Synchronize state of home tabs across windows
- Must be complete before the feature freeze beta of the target delivery vehicle
- Most of the home/app tab features should be able to be automatically tested by browser-chrome tests
- Migration path will likely need manual/mozmill testing unless we invent a new test suite.
- Locally Hosted Firefox Start is not required but related
- New Theme is not required but without switching tabs to be on top the chromeless app-tabs will look pretty strange.