The Linux design picks up many aspects from the ideas proposed for Windows. With specific emphasis on how to integrate with various system themes.
- TitleBar Gradient - Use unified titlebar when native theme allows.
- Active Tab + Toolbar Backgrounds - Overlay white highlight gradient, edge effects, borders and shadows on window color.
- Inactive Tab - Use window color at -20% luminance and saturation and 90% opacity. Alternatively get gtk theme inactive tab color at 90% opacity. Overlay gradients, edge effects, borders and shadows.
- Toolbar Buttons - Create adaptive toolbar buttons with translucent shades to fit any theme. Select icon set based on current theme or use SVG icons with base color using “Highlight” color.
- Toolbar Fields - Use native fields for location and search bars.