firefox-dev is a mailing list with one explicit goal:
- Offer an easy, transparent venue for getting constructive, Firefox-related development work done and providing development status updates.
and some explicit non-goals:
- It does not offer community members the chance to post until they get satisfaction about their concerns.
- It is not a suitable forum for requesting or offering technical support for users of Firefox
- It is not a suitable forum for unsolicited Firefox feature requests or suggestions
Topics related to add-on development in Firefox are best asked on the dev-addons list.
You can subscribe from the mailman info page.
firefox-dev is a moderated list:
- Anyone can subscribe and read the messages.
- Anyone can post. By default, posts will be reviewed by a moderator before being sent to the list.
- A smaller number of contributors will be added to a whitelist, and their postings will go directly to the list without having to first be reviewed by a moderator. These will be people who are believed by the moderators to have high-value contributions to offer and who are not generally prone to ranting, venting, and being unnecessarily argumentative.
Messages need to abide by two simple rules to be approved by the moderators:
- Be nice (in other words, no personal attacks, ranting, etc.)
- Be constructive (in other words, no whining, repetition, venting, etc.)
Messages that do not meet these rules will be dropped without explanation.
Whitelist membership is subject to temporary or permanent suspension at the discretion of the list-owner if believed warranted.
This policy is expected to evolve at the discretion of the list-owner (<firstname.lastname@example.org>).
There are read-only archives available: