From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

<< previous week | index | next week>>

Meeting Details

  • 11:00am PST (19:00 GMT)
  • Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
  • +1 866 216 2181
  • join #bonecho for attendance taking

In Attendance

jhughes, dietrich ...


  1. Alpha 1 Status
  2. PRD Update
  3. Development Roundtable (work targeted for post-A1)
  4. Any other business

Alpha 1 Status


  • Places infrastructure (performance, stability, toolbar drag & drop)
    • landed, ready to go
    • note: ui is known to be annoying, but internals seem solid enough for a developer preview
    • No datalloss bugs
  • Undo Close Tab
    • pushed to A2
  • Tab Overflow
    • pushed to A2
  • Extension Blocklisting
    • Landed on trunk. Ready to land on branch.
    • Note: Landed on branch for alpha 1 on Mar. 14th after the meeting
  • Extension Dependencies
    • landed, ready to go. More work will be done for alpha 2.
  • Search Plugin Format Changeover (with sherlock import)
    • status?
  • Spell-As-You-Type (english only)
    • Needs a fair amount of interface refactoring before we can land on the branch because the patch on trunk changes so interfaces. The trunk patch also caused some assertion failures in thunderbird which need fixing before it can be landed. This will need to be pushed to A2. Brett is still working on some history stuff.
    • note: we are clear to ship en-US with the product, can point to list of l10n dictionaries for download
  • Instrumentation Infrastructure
    • landed, ready to go
    • note: nothing for it to talk to, still blocked on server-side & storage space, hoping to have that ready by end of march
    • note: this is currently disabled until the server side work is complete
  • RSS parser
    • SAX parser bug 315826 and RSS1/RSS2 parser bug 325080 are awaiting review (?)
    • action: ben to follow-up
  • RSS content detection (?)
    • landed, ready to go

Release Issues & Timing

  • patch to change rv to 2.0a1 and branding to Bon Echo still pending (waiting on change to graphics)
    • action: beltzner to either delegate or complete by Wednesday EOD
  • Code Freeze planned for Thursday March 16 11:59PM
    • Release to Follow next Friday for Alpha1
    • Primary goal of release is testing for places backend
    • There will be no 1.5->2.0 updates for this release
  • Still need to enable nightly updates

PRD Review / Sanity Check

  • cbeard has been sick, has yet to schedule the discussion on change management, owernship, etc. as per concerns last week in bonecho@
  • action: group to comment on substance of PRD
  • beltzner: I propose that we use the Developer Roundtable to track/discuss the status of the various items as listed in the PRD.

Developer Roundtable

(Please fill in any news about work being actively done at the moment, areas where you'll need help/review, or things which the rest of the team should be made aware of. Leving the section blank is perfectly acceptable.)

Visual Refresh

  • the thread on dev-themes got dugg, but hasn't attracted any new contributors to that newsgroup
  • beltzner is following up with some visual designers he's made contact with offline, hopes to get them helping out actively starting next week
  • overdue: beltzner to do round-up of Chrome change thread

Bookmarks and History

User Experience: Tabbed Browsing

User Experience: Session Restore

Patch available on bug 328159.


  • Update wiki
  • Build out the API - If you have use-cases for what should be exposed, please add them to the talk page.

User Experience: Spell Check

Feeds: Parser

Feeds: UI

Extension Manager: UI

Proof of concept complete. Going to try to get the implementation as it currently stands ready for alpha 1.

Extension Manager: Blocklisting

jst would like to add plug-in blocklisting sooner rather than later. I (rob_strong) will be meeting with him to discuss the api needed to accomplish this. Plug-in blocklisting is tracked by bug 330511

Extension Manager: Locale Packs

Search: UI

Search: Plugin Format

Distribution: Installer

Distribution: EULA

Distribution: Channel Support

Infrastructure: Performance

Infrastructure: Platform Uplift

<svg:textPath> to land on 1.8.1 branch shortly; it's tested out well and has an isolated patch.

Need to figure out if a cairo update will or won't have pleasant performance effects for us. (Opinions vary!)

Nothing else near the center of the radar right now.

Infrastructure: Instrumentation

  • exit survey web app bug 322884 is being reviewed to go live

Security: Phishing

Security: SSL


Other Business

  • Need to land development work on release to enable choice of Major updates from -> 2
    • Action: Belztner to spec out client side UI
    • Need owner for implementation
  • Beltzner to consolidate feedback from newsgroup on UI changes by Weds
  • Ben to follow-up with UI after that
  • Safe browsing: Sherman et. all to follow up with Safe browsing team