- 11:00am PDT (18:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- +1 866 216 2181 (or +1 303 228 0514)
- join irc.mozilla.org #bonecho for backchannel
- 1 Agenda
- 2 Bon Echo Alpha 3
- 3 Bon Echo Beta 1
- 4 Developer Roundtable
- 4.1 Visual Refresh: Chrome Polish
- 4.2 Visual Refresh: Theme Polish
- 4.3 Bookmarks and History: Places
- 4.4 User Experience: General & Tabbed Browsing
- 4.5 User Experience: Session Restore
- 4.6 User Experience: Spell Check
- 4.7 User Experience: Microsummaries
- 4.8 Feeds: Parser
- 4.9 Feeds: UI
- 4.10 Extension Manager: UI
- 4.11 Extension Manager: Blocklisting
- 4.12 Extension Manager: Locale Packs
- 4.13 Search: UI
- 4.14 Search: Plugin Format
- 4.15 Distribution: Installer
- 4.16 Distribution: EULA
- 4.17 Distribution: Channel Support
- 4.18 Infrastructure: Performance
- 4.19 Infrastructure: Platform Uplift
- 4.20 Infrastructure: Instrumentation
- 4.21 Security: Phishing
- 4.22 Security: SSL
- 4.23 User Documentation
- 4.24 Developer Documentation
- 4.25 L10n
- 5 Other Business
- Bon Echo Alpha 3 Roundup
- Bon Echo Beta 1
- status update, SWAGs
- branch management process here on out
- Development Roundtable
- Any other business
Bon Echo Alpha 3
- shipped on time (yay!)
- significant thanks to teams who worked on SafeBrowsing, NSIS, DOMStorage and all the other little fixes, as well as to QA/build who stayed late on Friday to help finish the release
- waiting for preed before we ship the AUS bits (should we announce that?)
- JS 1.7 missed this release, shaver & brendan both think that if we get it in early and baking it could go with beta 1, need new target date for this
- bug 337311 deferred to beta 1, but we think it's fixed and just needs to be verified/closed by BZ
Bon Echo Beta 1
- here's the list of blocking?/+ for beta 1 (at 9am EDT, 118 bugs found)
- owners of those bugs need to add [swag: ?d] so we can identify long poles and schedule landings for beta 1 so we don't have a bunch at the same time
- mconnor: the idea here is to get a sense of whether or not an individual is overloaded, and ensuring that our estimates are correct
- jhughes: I can be a point of contact on that for the Google team
- schrep: does that mean you'll also be able to identify long-poles? and should we get together to re-evaluate?
- mconnor: if we get the SWAGs by EOD Wednesday, I can run the stats and send out mail if there are problems and we can meet.
- todo: jhughes, mconnor to whip for SWAGs, mconnor to run stats
- axel: what about review time?
- mconnor: I've offloaded bugs to increase my bandwidth for reviews
- current target dates:
- June 15th: major string changes in for l10n to start
- June 29th: Beta 1 Code Freeze (QA begins)
- July 6th : Beta 1 Ship
- an ICS schedule is available
- what's the best process for approvals? daily triage?
- bsmedberg: rules for checkin or triage?
- mconnor: both, we'd triage and do branch approvals only; I'd suggest we do that at the time of string freeze
- schrep: that sounds reasonable
- schrep: what's the criteria for release?
- mconnor: the blocker list seems to be pretty real, and I'm working through the nominations right now. if people want to review the noms (?/+/-) they should do so in advance of the next meeting.
Please add any status updates from the past week, including links to relevant bugs, newsgroup discussions, etc:
Visual Refresh: Chrome Polish
Visual Refresh: Theme Polish
Bookmarks and History: Places
User Experience: General & Tabbed Browsing
User Experience: Session Restore
User Experience: Spell Check
User Experience: Microsummaries
Extension Manager: UI
Extension Manager: Blocklisting
Extension Manager: Locale Packs
Search: Plugin Format
- bsmedberg: when do we flip to NSIS by default? when do we drop the old installer?
- rstrong: if you're willing to take on the repackaging stuff, that would be great, and we could probably knock that out this week.
- mconnor: what's the criteria for dropping the XPinstall installer?
- rstrong: lemme do one more run through of the code before we make the switch permanent
- mconnor: QA should do a side-by-side to ensure we're on track
- rstrong: I'll talk to davel on that today
- todo: rstrong to get QA to do side-by-side of installer
Distribution: Channel Support
Infrastructure: Platform Uplift
- beltzner: any testcases for anti-phishing?
- tony: I could make some, I guess, none exist atm
- todo: beltzner to hook QA up with tony