- 11:00am PST (19:00 UTC)
- Mozilla HQ, 1st floor conference table
- 650-903-0800 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-866-879-4799 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- join irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
- Action items
- Gecko 1.9 Roundtable
- Firefox 3
- Any other business
Action Items From Last Week
- cycle collector for alpha? (can it land by nov 17?)
I think it can land, in the sense that the patch applies and it seems to work. It is very hard for me to assess quality of the resulting product though. It may regress. Test builds are available here, I'd appreciate feedback, particularly any cases in which it might crash.
I'm also not sure how much people actually want it, vs. the potential destabilization it may bring. To help mitigate risk I can maintain an inverse patch against the trunk, so that it can back it out if the alpha release is considered too buggy or leaky.
Gecko 1.9 Roundtable
- Gecko Alpha Status
- Cycle collector?
- just needs reviews; jonas and brendan looked over portions
- bsmedberg will review xpcom changes
- vlad will help round up other reviews
- goal is to land by middle of next week
- Reflow branch?
- ready to land, but will wait until after alpha
- will land immediately after alpha, with goal of another alpha sometime in January
- outstanding bugs
- roc on top of two display list regressions
- linux text performance will be mentioned in release notes, and fixed in next alpha
- Cycle collector?
- Individual Status:
- DIB/DDB issue resolved; fixed position background element bug fixed
- No progress on Cocoa printing; looking at that today
- fixing my a1 blockers
- mac printing waiting on vlad to fix cairo surface issue on mac
- Working on regressions from range landing. All but one fixed.
- Landed and fixed regressions from script-load landing.
- No progress on XBL regression since last week.
- Hybrid text patch: new nsTextFrame OFF, new gfxTextRun ON (for Linux), textrun cache enabled. Should boost Linux text performance, not hurt otherwise. Consider landing for 1.9a1
- Mac 1.9 Blocker Status
- dropped one non-essential issue
- josh working on plugins, which is blocking cairo turn-on
- blocking on cbeard review for Vision document
- want draft by the end of week, to have stuff to talk about for the summit