Firefox3/StatusMeetings/2007-06-19

From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel

PRD Status Update

Work in progress

  • Visual Refresh
    • Makeover! -- initial specification posted to the wiki
    • searching for themers, if you know any, email beltzner
      • mostly icon updates
      • rob arnold has been doing great work on Vista theming (that patch may land soon)
      • might be brave enough to revisit ideas for changes to primary toolbar
      • definitely trying to harmonize requirements from Places, Location Bar, EV, Notification and other primary chrome changes
  • Firebug
    • E-mail sent to Joe to get patches checked in
  • Web-based protocol/content-handling
    • backend refactoring patch awaiting review; windows fixes added
  • Storage
    • Patch got r+ for upgrading to (almost) latest.
    • Follow bug needs to be filed to get preloading working again (hopefully in a way that doesn't require us to patch sqlite on our own).
  • Places (Places team)
    • tagging backend landed
    • Dan Mills (thunder) demoed bookmark sync at Developer Day Tokyo
    • plenty of discussion about UI in dev.apps.firefox, please jump in
    • team is basically heads down working on A6 blockers
  • Download Manager (sdwilsh)
    • Working on finalizing the spec for revised UI
    • A few more bug fixes landed (nothing notable)
    • ** Beltzner posted plans to dev.apps.firefox (http://tinyurl.com/26sttc)
  • Password Manager (dolske)
    • Next up: FillDocument() cleanup (bug 380222), mconnor or gavin to review
  • Site-specific prefs (myk)
    • New patch posted for persisting text zoom, waiting on cleanup and checkin
  • New quit dialog (mwu)
    • Gives the option to save session, and closes all windows at once
    • Addresses problems with onbeforeunload handlers (Zimbra)
    • Still working out a couple kinks
  • Addons Manager (Rob Strong, Mossop, mwu)
    • better l10n support (bug 257155), waiting on review
    • backend for unifying plugin management (bug 382367)
  • Malware (johnath, campd)
    • UI work (modification to netError to support more aggressive styling) should be patch-ready by EOD Monday (bug 380932).
  • Identity UI (johnath)
    • Transitioning add-on code to patch. (bug 383183)
  • HTTPS Error Pages (johnath)
    • Still trying to close on the specific dialogs that should be replaced with error pages, and on what mechanisms need to be added to allow trusting of sites with broken certs. (bug 327181).
  • A6 Status
    • Still 62 blockers, need to retarget a6 targeted bugs not required by the Release Criteria

Schedule

QA Status/Topics

Localization Topics

Round table

  • Don't forget to add changes that may impact documentation to the Firefox 3 for developers page.
  • reminder to use #granparadiso on IRC for discussion of milestone-releated deliverables, features, QA testing, etc; it's to be the defacto location for chatter regarding Gran Paradiso releases

Gecko 1.9 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • join irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel

General Discussion

  • OS X 10.3 Support
  • Are we _really_ focusing on blockers? Any non-blocker items that we need to discuss?
  • Identify areas within Gecko and Firefox that need security & privacy reviews [AI: Window to help coordinate]
  • Textframe Enabled?

Blockers and Noms

Blockers report:

Noms Blockers

Are there bugzilla components that aren't being triaged? I found bug 373512 and I've benn working on bug 352762 assuming it will be plussed but don't know who's responsible for it. --bsmedberg

GFX Update

  • textframe turn-on (really!) this week
    • still need testing plan, because it's a short time between a6
  • vlad
    • focus on a6 blockers; working on mac issues between now and a6 release
  • stuart

Layout Update

  • Progress Last week:
    • Specific items worked on last week:
      • reflow branch regressions:
        • special height reflow issues (dholbert, dbaron)
        • text-indent and negative margins (dbaron)
      • prodded people into making some progress on memory leaks (dbaron)
  • Work planned for this week:
    • further progress on memory leaks / bloat and on reflow branch regressions (dbaron)
  • Issues/concerns:

Content Update

  • Progress Last week:
    • Specific items worked on last week:
  • Work planned for this week:
  • Issues/concerns:

Mac OS X Update

  • Progress Last week:
    • Josh and Colin at WWDC.
    • Colin now on vacation.
    • Fixed bugs 384448, 382883, 384509, 384511.
    • Josh got Firefox building on Mac OS X 10.5 beta.
    • Steven made good progress with obj-c exception handling situation.
  • Work planned for this week:
    • Josh working on blockers. Hopefully the focus issue in bug 354768.
    • Steven working on blockers. Mostly exception handling and view hierarchy modification regressions.
    • Colin on vacation.
    • Stan working on drag and drop.
  • Issues/concerns:
    • What's the status on bug 354768 [focus issues]? It's targeted at A6, but there's no sign of activity. This has been a significant dogfood problem, and Beta 1 is rapidly approaching... (dolske)
      • Haven't gotten to it. Getting close. -Josh

Platfrom/Build Tools Update

  • work ongoing on refplatform upgrades, hopefully producing some builds this week
  • need owner for bug 337761
  • libxul on for mac again, looking at Tp2 spike (but no other metrics?!)
  • 1.9a6 ship date: we'd really like a week of nightlies to iron out refplatform changes before ship
  • linux breakpad client reviewed (to land today?) bug 380540
  • fixing buildid generation so that performance machines no longer depend on talkback files containing the buildid (want to get some consensus from affected module owners, including dbaron and jst) bug 383167