From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

« previous week | index | next week »

Firefox 3 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • #granparadiso for backchannel

PRD Status Update

Work in progress

  • Places
    • Places has 32 open blockers for Alpha 6. Please nom any potential blocker bugs asap.
    • Dietrich: working on various blockers, going to try to update SQLite version, slowly updating Places wiki documentation.
    • Steve Won: Tagging UI Patch [1] in the works, Functional Tagging UI Extension using Places API online since last week[2], various bugs for A6
    • Christine Yen: Various bugs for A6
    • Seth: working on various blockers for A6
    • Thunder: bookmark sync
  • Visual Refresh
    • Trying to find theme experienced people [Beltzner]
    • D-A-F & Wiki for design request
  • Download Manager
    • Added retryDownload method bug 382825
    • UI work almost ready to post to d.a.firefox
  • Firebug
    • No change (will e-mail Joe today about patches)
  • Web-based content handlers
  • site-specific text zoom
  • Security UI
    • Identity indicator hopefully moving from addon to patch this week bug 383183
    • Chromeless window infobar checked in but pref turned off by default because it breaks a mochitest bug 337344
    • Certificate error dialogs - Migrating obvious fail cases to error pages (instead of easy-to-ignore dialogs), waiting on Kai/NSS team's matrix of possible errors vs. ideal presentation. bug 327181
    • Malware blocking bug 380932 and Improved cert viewer bug 380775 mocked up, implementation coming.
  • Web-based protocol/content-handling
    • beltzner, faaborg, sdwilsh, and dmose met to hammer down details of the content handling dialogs discussed in m.d.a.firefox
    • RDF backend changes required a partial refactoring of RDF & MIME code in uriloader/exthandler; refactoring about 2/3 done.
    • sdwilsh to work on putting together new dialog for protocol-handling
    • See the bottom half (todos section) of CH_Scratchpad for remaining tasks, approximately in priority order
    • Coordinate with PM with list of protocols/defaults including
  • Storage
    • mozStorage unit tests landed (sdwilsh)
    • sqlite upgrade soon bug 341137 (thunder)
  • Login Manager (dolske)
    • Working with Alex to get some UI mockups going
    • A few more backend changes to improve master password usage, filling logins on complex pages, and other nits
    • Looking at how to implement asynchronous "Save this login?" prompt.


QA Status/Topics

Localization Topics

Round table

Gecko 1.9 Meeting

Meeting Details

  • Wednesdays - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
  • Mozilla Building S - <script> conference room
  • 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
  • 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
  • join #granparadiso for backchannel

General Discussion

  • Security Triage Update
  • Identify areas within Gecko and Firefox that need security & privacy reviews [AI: Window to help coordinate]
  • Textframe Enabled?

Blockers and Noms

Blockers report:

Noms Blockers

GFX Update

  • new textframe turn-on this week (-- date?), pending review
    • need testing plan
  • Cairo update to 1.4.8+ (which includes some performance fixes, including important ones for OSX and Linux) bounced; but 383960, depends on bug 384035
  • win32 font/glyph selection work very close to "complete"
    • has code that could be reused cross-platform to potentially fix a number of problems on OSX/Linux
  • Questions:
    • disposition of language bugs on which platforms?
      • specifically, is, e.g. Khmer on Linux a blocker? is Khmer on Win32?
    • What's going on with 10.3.9?

Layout Update

  • Progress Last week:
    • Specific items worked on last week:
      • dbaron: a good bit of leak testing; concluded we need much more testing
      • dbaron: some progress on reflew branch regressions
    • blockers closed:
    • non-blockers closed:
  • Work planned for this week:
    • Blockers:
      • dbaron: reflow branch regressions, etc.
    • Non-blockers:
  • Issues/concerns:

Content Update

  • Progress Last week:
    • Specific items worked on last week:
    • blockers closed:
  • Work planned for this week:
    • Blockers:

Mac OS X Update

Build Tools Update

  • libxul turned on... caused mac perf regressions, so backed out for mac only
  • Moving forward on refplatform updates for Linux (CentOS5 matches the runtime requirements doc prepared by mconnor) and Windows (switch to VC8SP1 and MozillaBuild)
    • some minor tinderbox script changes necessary to work with MozillaBuild (bug 383775)
  • Had good discussion regarding build system futures, bsmedberg has yet to write up the blog post outlining the decisions and plans
  • Ted and Aravind set up a symbol server for nightly builds... :-)
  • If time, bsmedberg to investigate compiling with LLVM (they claim they can build Mozilla now, and others have claimed perf improvements)
  • Breakpad can collect minidumps on Linux now, but there's not any uploading UI yet... we're probably going to have a libcurl dependency for that :-(