Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for final ship
- Current blockers/noms
- 54 Blockers fixed in the last week
- 14 new blockers added
- Key risk areas:
- Places 25 blockers
- Well resourced (Dietrich, Mano, Marco, Ondrej)
- Fixed 20 blockers last week
- 2 P1s: 1 in review stages, the other is reviewed, to be checked-in today
- 3 P2s ready for check-in
- about half of the rest have wip patches
- Theme 24 blockers
- Separate resources on each platform (Windows, Linux, Mac)
- Lower fix rate, need help on Windows theme bugs (especially Vista)
- Places 25 blockers
Platform: issues for final ship
- 114 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 10 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 61 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 44
- Blockers created in last seven days: 16
- still wrangling final checkins for webcal and mailto
- expect to be done at Thursday at 11:59pm PDT, shouldn't jeopardize expected code freeze + bake time
- Planning of RC1 Testplan
- Are Icons are still missing on mac?
- Examples: Crash reporter / Software update icon is the same
- Report a broken website icon on customize
- Back/Forward buttons finalized?
- Notable bugs within the week:
- bug 427200 - Rightclick on bookmarks in context menu broken [REGRESSION]
- bug 427420 - Spell check broken on all platforms [REGRESSION]
- bug 427797 – "Dvorak - Qwerty ⌘" keyboard layout is broken [REGRESSION]
- More out there, just search keyword "regression", and query Bugs Filed today. (14 tagged, just in the last 24 hours, with 1 marked crash)
- Filed bug 426543, which was duped to an existing bug that the dev team had been having a hard time because they did not have STR. The bug that is in progress is bug 400328.
- Top crash bug: bug 426392 - Crash in nsXULPopupManager::ShowPopupCallback when customizing toolbar using "Icons and Text". Status: Verified Fixed.
- Other Bugs Filed
- Layout Issues
- bug 427137 - Sandisk page lays out properly on Win but not Mac. Status: New, needs owner
- Crash & Hang Bugs
- bug 427087 - [10.5] Consistent crash after software update on PPC Mac. Status: still needs a solid repro.
- bug 426275 – crash on clear private data (history) [@ nsNavHistoryExpire::ClearHistory]. Status: Assigned, blocking flag
- bug 424901 – Firefox Debug Build hangs on shutdown when i use the Bookmarks Preview Extension. Status: Needs Owner. Affects bug 420187
- Status on topcrashes [ss]
- No new updates this week.
- Leak Testing Update [tomcat]
- Filed 16 new Leak Bugs. 3 memory leak bugs (one from me and 2 from waldo) are nominated for blocking 1.9
- 5 mlk Bugs are on the 1.9 Blocking List
- Also filed a lot of Assertion Bugs, alone 8 from the Summit Hotel Website :-) and maybe related to Java.
- Overall filed now 222 Leak Bugs, 161 Bugs are open (a lot of bugs are related, so we have maybe some dupes here) and 61 Leak Bugs are fixed !
- Also filed 54 Assertion Bugs during this Leak Project Testing :)
- Bug Verifications: Remaining P1/P2's
- This week's testday is on Crashes, Feedback, and qawanted bugs. Please join #testday to assist with questions and comments on friday, between 7am-5pm PDT.
- Will enter RC1 lockdown tonight
- all patches will need explicit approval
- beltzner to update calendars, announcements
- beltzner will make sure approval1.9+ flags on non-FIXED bugs are addressed
- Product Concerns
- need to complete Malware Service Amendement with Google (meeting on Thursday)
- concerned about Flash bug that prevents crash reports from being sent
- need to determine initial plugin blocklisting list
- need to review EV CAs