Firefox 3/Gecko 1.9 Meeting Details
- Tuesdays - Firefox 3 - 11:00am Pacific, 2:00pm Eastern, 18:00 UTC
- Mozilla Building S - Central Area
- 650-903-0800 or 650-215-1282 x91 Conf# 217 (US/INTL)
- 1-800-707-2533 (pin 369) Conf# 217 (US)
- irc.mozilla.org #granparadiso for backchannel
Firefox 3: issues for final ship
- 9 blockers (-14 from last week)
- 4 are external dependencies that will hold final ship only (won't hold RC1)
- 3 need review from Asaf Romano; Dietrich, can you help?
- 1 is ready to land
- 1 needs a patch
- 0 blocker noms
- Over past 7 days (queries based on -7d from "now")
- in good shape, can likely close things out today (yay!)
- most new blockers are from SafeBrowsing and Places
- reviews taking a long time
- checkins taking a long time
Platform: issues for final ship
- bug 432172 : trace malloc 100k Jump: Still investigating. Dbaron, thoughts on this?
- bug 432065 : Resizing, Broken Type 1 Fonts: No patch. Stuart or Roc?
- bug 432071 : Type 1 Fonts Don't Print Correctly: No patch. Stuart or Roc?
- bug 432062 : Windows Vector Font Rendering: Has patch. Needs Stuart's review.
- bug 430802 : Plugin instances leaking: Has patch and is approved to land.
- bug 427229 : Dell, PCL6 Printer Error: Possibly fixed upstream in Cairo. Vlad?
- bug 429794 : trace malloc tests unstable: Possibly due to NSS? Dbaron, thoughts?
- bug 423104 : Dictionary readmes. Awaiting Gerv's review.
- bug 429510 : Webapps key heck: Looks like two more bugs have spun off?
- bug 429442 : Top crash: Fixed by bent. About to land.
- 10 Blockers remaining for RC
- Still 1 unowned blockers.
- Approximately 0 have patches of some sort.
- Blockers closed in last seven days by platform team: 24
- Blockers created in last seven days: 12
- Notable bugs for the week
- bug 431781 – Crash when opening saved page containing youtube video [@ _CopyCStringToPascal]. Status: New. Found during smoketests
- bug 432427 – Download history can still be cleared unexpectedly when unchecking "Download history" from preferences before using the clearing private data dialog. Status: Resolved [REGRESSION]
- bug 432427 – Download history can still be cleared unexpectedly when unchecking "Download history" from preferences before using the clearing private data dialog. Status: Assigned, Blocking+
- General QA
- Feature testing
- Submitted patch addressing review comments in bug 427457
- Protocol Handling [ctalbert]
- We managed to convince folks to help convince folks to take bug 428600
- Key Handling [tomcat, tchung, marcia]
- Triaged most bugs with platform team
- Added litmus test cases and working with L10n team on specific key handling scenarios
- Created tryserver builds for verifying patches
- L10n testing
- Worked with Axel and John O'Duinn to figure out how to approach the Minotaur buildbot integration in bug 416228
- Decided to won't fix the Minotaur VM's issue as we are going to solve this a different way bug 424396
- Test l10n for the Mozilla.com redesign
- Leaks and Assertion testing [tomcat]
- Accessibility Testing [marcoZ]
- Crashers were fixed:
- Connected with one customer through my blog who has a way to reproduce one other crasher. No results yet, since I'm unable to reprodduce the problem.
- Two enhancements for images landed:
- Lots of manual testing, surfing to various pages, making sure there were no regressions from any of those fixes.
- bug 428631 was fixed in QAC, making it a lot more accessible to keyboard only users. Has already been released to AMO.
- Topcrash Updates
- The last remaining major topcrash – bug 429442 – has a patch with review and approval and will likely land today. Beyond that, we're waiting for RC1 feedback to determine if there are any major topcrashes that show up lower in nightlies due to different usage patterns.
- possible times for tree closure / scheduled maintenance
- Safebrowsing team to attend meeting