While there are many mechanisms for privacy in the physical world, there are very few in the virtual world. In this session we will discuss the design and implementation of a private browsing mode in Firefox 3.
- The history of private browsing: Asa
- Do users care about privacy?
- How do we find out (they will lie if we ask them)
- What different types of privacy are there?
- The user experience of private browsing
- Implementation issues
- How to market the feature
- I believe assuming it is just for adult content trivializes this feature's overall importance to end users
- Shopping for birthday presents
- Researching medical conditions
- Walkup kiosk use, internet cafes, etc.