Firefox OS/Comms/Dialer/Sprint/v2.0-S6

From MozillaWiki
< Firefox OS‎ | Comms‎ | Dialer‎ | Sprint
Jump to: navigation, search

Bugs

Bugs Taken in Planning

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

Bugs Taken but not Completed

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

Bugs Taken During Sprint

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

All Issues for this Sprint

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

Blockers Without an Assignee

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);

Bugs Redirected

No results.

0 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 0 Verified (0%);


Daily Meetings

  • Current hosts: drs, gtorodelvalle, thills
  • Hosts rotate every week.
  1. If you're not available for a standup that you're scheduled to host, then ask for someone else to host instead for just that time.
  2. Start by pinging everyone who should be participating.
  3. List any administrative items you have, and then ask for more from other people (look at the Etherpad).
  4. Look at the list of blockers and blocker nominations and see if there's anything new or that needs action. Mention these during this time.
  5. Move to individual updates. Go alphabetically, in descending order.
  6. If someone's update is taking longer than 3-4 minutes, you should generally cut them off and ask them to talk about it after the standup.
  7. Copy the reports from the GDoc to the wiki page for that day. Use the Etherpad-to-Wiki converter to format it. You can just copy and paste the whole thing and the converter will do everything for you.
  8. Ask the person who should be hosting the week after you if they'll be available. If not, move onto the next person.

Day 11: July 21

  • Sprint extended by a day at the beginning due to a scheduling error.

Vidyo meeting, no minutes.

drs

  • Admin:
    • I did a bunch of prep for sprint planning.
    • I still haven't had any feedback on StyleDocco! Please tell me your thoughts/comments.
  • Next steps:
    • bug 967440 - Remove some reflows on the keypad
      • I failed to get this done last sprint, going to work on it soon.
    • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
      • Backed out of 2.0 and waiting for bug 1018494 to be uplifted before re-uplifting it.
    • bug 1021478 - [1.4] Set outgoing calls "Always ask" with two sim card inside, use bluetooth headset to dial, there will be no network message
      • Wei is asking for more help.
  • Done:
    • bug 1027478 - Modify telephony API from dialEmergency(number, serviceId) to dialEmergency(number)
      • Reviewed for Anthony, checkin+
    • bug 1037637 - [DSDS][Dialer] No text on "select SIM" prompt for outgoing calls
      • Reviewed for Gandalf, review+. Waiting for Anthony to feedback+.
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • Landed branch patch for 1.4.
    • bug 961154 - When a second incoming call occurs, it does not turn the screen on
      • Reviewed for Anthony, sort of review+. Just a small refactor needed.
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Reviewed for Germán, review-

Rik

gtorodelvalle

  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Currently including Doug's comments in the patch.
    • Implemented the new version with no getScenario() as suggested by Doug.
    • Asked revision to Doug about the new version. New revision asked ;)

thills

pacorampas

  • Absent/no report

Day 10: July 18

drs

  • Admin:
    • I'm going through the dialer-most-wanted bugs and needinfoing people who I think would be good to work on them or I'd like feedback from. This is to help with sprint planning coming up on Monday.
    • I still haven't had any feedback on StyleDocco! Please tell me your thoughts/comments.
  • Next steps:
    • bug 1037637 - [DSDS][Dialer] No text on "select SIM" prompt for outgoing calls
      • Need to review this for Gandalf.
    • bug 967440 - Remove some reflows on the keypad
      • Next thing to work on, this is my last bug for this sprint.
    • Scoping out more long-term work. In particular, I'm focused on being able to simulate situations such as emergency calls in Mulet.
  • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
    • Backed out of 2.0 and waiting for bug 1018494 to be uplifted before re-uplifting it.
  • Done:
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • Have a branch patch for 1.4, waiting for Gaia to reopen. (It might have already, will check after meeting)
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Reviewing for Germán. I think we're almost done.
    • bug 1021478 - [1.4] Set outgoing calls "Always ask" with two sim card inside, use bluetooth headset to dial, there will be no network message
      • Wei is asking for more help.

Rik

  • 4-5 reviews
  • Looking into Gaia integration tests being busted, backing out bug 1000428 did the trick.
  • Landed Tamara's bug 1029721, worked with her on the unit tests
  • Uplifted bug 1026081 for causing smoketest failures in bug

1039844

gtorodelvalle

  • Administrative:
    • SADLY I WON'T BE ABLE TO JOIN YOU IN July 18'S DAILY MEETING. SORRY! :(
    • More sadly it seems I won't be able to have a patch for "bug 977056 - [Dialer] Visual discrepancies: Call ended view under conference call participants list" although I'll try it, on Monday :(
  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
  • bug 1024506 - While call is "connecting", "Add other call", "Keypad" and "microphone" buttons should be disabled:
    • Helping Paco to implement Anthony's comments to the pull request.
    • Reimplementing it since starting from Paco's patch some issues arose :)
    • Asked for revision to Anthony.
    • Found that we currently do not disable the "Place new call" button when there are 2 ongoing calls (1 held and 1 connected). Asked Carrie for input on this.
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Currently including Doug's comments in the patch.
    • Implemented the new version with no getScenario() as suggested by Doug.
    • Asked revision to Doug about the new version.
  • bug 1035153 - [Dialer] Prototype sheet navigation layout:
    • I checked Paco's implementation of the prototype and although we made really nice progress on it, many doubts came to my mind which I shared with Carrie in the bug. In my opinion it is much better to have all those issues clarified before throwing a line of code :p

thills

  • Flying

pacorampas

  • Absent/no report

Day 9: July 17

drs

  • Admin:
    • Nothing new.
  • Next steps:
    • bug 1037637 - [DSDS][Dialer] No text on "select SIM" prompt for outgoing calls
      • Need to review this for Gandalf.
    • bug 967440 - Remove some reflows on the keypad
      • Next thing to work on, this is my last bug for this sprint.
    • Scoping out more long-term work. In particular, I'm focused on being able to simulate situations such as emergency calls in Mulet.
  • Done:
    • Did some minor cleanups to the Etherpad-to-Wiki tool, such as fixing links, not including people who are commented out, properly parsing comments.
    • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
      • Landed, this was the dialer team's final blocker!
    • bug 1032725 - Facebook contact infos are not reflected in call screen
      • Reviewed for Anthony and I landed this, this was the dialer team's _actual_ final blocker! (it popped up a few minutes before landing bug 1035183)
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • Landed on 2.0, needs a branch patch for 1.4.
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Reviewed for Germán after he convinced me that my suggestions won't work (or at least aren't worth more time spent on them), r-
    • bug 1021478 - [1.4] Set outgoing calls "Always ask" with two sim card inside, use bluetooth headset to dial, there will be no network message
      • Need to help Wei figure out why he's getting a unit test failure.

Rik

  • Still working with Tamara, face to face time is good
  • Moved some bugs opened by Eric (QA) to dialer-most-wanted
  • Fixed bug 1032725
    • We may be able to remove some FB code from suggestion and call log
  • Found bug 1039610 when working on 1032725

gtorodelvalle

  • Administrative:
    • Sadly it seems I won't be able to have a patch for "bug 977056 - [Dialer] Visual discrepancies: Call ended view under conference call participants list" although I'll try it, if not tomorrow on Monday ;)
  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
    • Landed in master.
    • Pull request for v2.0 ready: https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/21804 Waiting for Travis and TBPL OK to ask for approval.
    • After 23 hours neither Travis nor TBPL has started. Trying to contact someone to fix this.
    • It takes so long to land patches that I am rebasing over and over again :(
  • bug 1039553 - [Dialer][Call Screen] It's not possible to start a second call:
    • I spent almost the whole morning trying to figure out the cause of this issue. At the end at least I found a way to get over it :p and now I am able to make second calls :)
  • bug 1024506 - While call is "connecting", "Add other call", "Keypad" and "microphone" buttons should be disabled:
    • Helping Paco to implement Anthony's comments to the pull request.
    • Reimplementing it since starting from Paco's patch some issues arose :)
    • Asked for revision to Anthony
    • Found that we currently do not disable the "Place new call" button when there are 2 ongoing calls (1 held and 1 connected).
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Currently including Doug's comments in the patch

pacorampas

  • bug 1035153 - [Dialer] Prototype sheet navigation layout:
    • I have some advances.
    • Today I continue working on it
  • bug 1024506 - While call is "connecting", "Add other call", "Keypad" and "microphone" buttons should be disabled.
    • German is working on this bug now
  • bug 1033937 - [Calllog] Tap on Withheld number in call log, item highlighted, but stay highlighted when finger released
    • I asked for review

thills

  • bug 998147 -
  • bug 1029721 - I am still working on this. Had some difficulties with the wake lock mechanism and associated tests and took help from Rik and Gabriele (Thank you). Will be putting another version for re-review shortly

Day 8: July 16

drs

  • Admin:
    • Talked with Germán and Maria to understand what work Maria is assigning to Germán.
    • Talked with Lawrence and Wayne to clear up some things about the release cycle. Here's what Lawrence told me:
      • 1.3T+ bugs still need approval for other branches
      • 2.0 has a lot of stability problems.
      • 1.4 branch is Dolphin-only. They've been having trouble managing this and some fixes getting uplifted are questionable.
  • Next steps:
    • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
      • Patch posted, waiting for review from Anthony. This is the dialer team's final blocker.
    • bug 1037637 - [DSDS][Dialer] No text on "select SIM" prompt for outgoing calls
      • Need to review this for Gandalf.
    • bug 967440 - Remove some reflows on the keypad
      • Next thing to work on, this is my last bug for this sprint.
  • Done:
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • Got 1.4 and 2.0 approval, have to land these (waiting for sheriffs).
    • bug 1039131 - Prototype StyleDocco for generating stylesheet documentation
      • Done, I also sent out a proposal that I would like everyone to read.
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • I've been helping Germán do this another, cleaner, way.
    • bug 1021478 - [1.4] Set outgoing calls "Always ask" with two sim card inside, use bluetooth headset to dial, there will be no network message
      • Need to help Wei figure out why he's getting a unit test failure.
    • bug 1039008 - URIs in iframes are relative to the iframe origin
      • Reported as part of my work on StyleDocco. I need to make a reduced test case and come back to this.
  • Other:
    • bug 1032502 - 2.0+ The phone label of an incoming call on the lockscreen is not translated.
      • They finally opted not to land this on 1.3T. I've landed it on 1.4.

gtorodelvalle

  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
    • Landed in master.
    • Pull request for v2.0 ready
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Currently retaking it and checking Doug's comments.
    • Working with Doug trying to find a simpler approach.
  • bug 1024506 - While call is "connecting", "Add other call", "Keypad" and "microphone" buttons should be disabled:
    • Helping Paco to implement Anthony's comments to the pull request.
    • Reimplementing it since starting from Paco's patch some issues arose :)
  • Other issues:
    • Found an issue related to adding a second call which is blocking my tests for the patches I am working on. When clicking the "Place a new call" button, the ongoing call goes to the top but a black background is shown. Trying to figure out the cause of the problem. It reproduces in master.

thills

  • bug 998147 -
  • bug 1029721 - I have the review from Hsin-Yi, but got feedback from gsvelto that I need to fix on the Gaia portion to wrap this one up. Will be focusing on this.

Rik

  • Absent/no report

pacorampas

  • Absent/no report

etienne

  • Absent/no report

gsvelto

  • Absent/no report

Day 7: July 15

drs

  • Admin:
    • Created Etherpad-to-Wiki
  • Next steps:
    • Working on a proposal for using StyleDocco which I will send to the mailing list when ready.
    • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
      • This is the 2nd last blocker, and my last blocker. Will prioritize this.
    • bug 1037868 - Create gaia-sim-picker component
      • Taking this for next sprint. kgrandon and I have been discussing next steps.
  • Done:
    • bug 1033937 - [Calllog] Tap on Withheld number in call log, item highlighted, but stay highlighted when finger released
      • Did some research and created workaround for Paco, don't think we're going to land it though.
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Reviewed for Germán, review-, I proposed another way to do this.
      • Now in discussion about how to do this.
    • bug 1033196 - When dialing the user name part which containing j/g characters would be incomplete
      • Reviewed for Anthony, checkin+
    • bug 1021478 - [1.4] Set outgoing calls "Always ask" with two sim card inside, use bluetooth headset to dial, there will be no network message
      • Reviewed for Wei, r-
  • Other:
    • bug 1032502 - 2.0+ The phone label of an incoming call on the lockscreen is not translated.
      • Needs triaging to land on 1.3T. It got 1.4 approval but not 1.3T+ yet...

Rik

  • Making sure we have all the 2.1 bugs in motion for next week
    • I think we now have all of them. We will need to assign the new ones to Doug or I.
  • Working closely with Tamara
    • Still working with Tamara, face to face time is good

gtorodelvalle

  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
    • Landed in master.
    • I currently have a patch to ask for approval for v2.0. Mari Ángeles is dealing with triaging it and make it land in v2.0.
  • bug 995938 - Device does not play an 'end tone' when the call is finished
    • Collecting information about disconnected tone specs.
    • Solution proposed based on playing the first tone of the busy tone.
    • Helping David to solve the bug.
  • bug 1038616 - [Dialer] Busy tone not playing:
    • This bug popped up when working in the previous one.
    • It reproduces in v2.0 so it is a candidate to be a blocker (according to the certification guys). It has just been nominated.
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Currently retaking it and checking Doug's comments.
  • Other issues:
    • Today I spent some time with Beatriz (from Certification) checking the status of v2.0 regarding the Dialer / Call Screen / Emergency Call apps. It seems we are pretty good since there are no 2.0 unassigned blockers.

thills

  • bug 998147 - Got reviews/feedback from Hsin-Yi and Anthony on this. We added a new unit test on this.
  • bug 1029721 - Hsin-Yi tested out for me on CDMA device. It works. She had an optimization comment on the code which I can't verify locally so will need her to test it again.

pacorampas

  • Absent/no report

Day 6: July 14

drs

  • Admin:
    • Nothing new.
  • Next steps:
    • Working on a proposal for using StyleDocco which I will send to the mailing list when ready.
    • Need to bug UX for specs for bug 877971.
    • bug 1035183 - Matching numbers screen results is not properly localized for 10+ matches
      • This is the 2nd last blocker, and my last blocker. Will prioritize this.
    • bug 1037868 - Create gaia-sim-picker component
      • Taking this for next sprint. kgrandon and I have been discussing next steps.
  • Done:
    • bug 1029581 - [Dialer] Contact name is not shown in the call log after having two contacts with same number and the first one is removed
      • Reviewed for Anthony, checkin+
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Reviewed for Germán, review-, I proposed another way to do this.
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • Reviewed for me by Ian Liu, checkin+
    • bug 1038002 - Holding your finger down and then trying to pan gets stuck until the next touch
    • bug 1033196 - When dialing the user name part which containing j/g characters would be incomplete
      • Reviewed for Anthony, review+
    • bug 1033943 - [B2G] [Dialer] cannot make a call right after unlocking PIN code upon Dialer app
      • Resolved invalid after some investigation.
  • Other:
    • bug 1032502 - 2.0+ The phone label of an incoming call on the lockscreen is not translated.
      • Needs triaging to land on 1.3T. It got 1.4 approval but not 1.3T+ yet...

Rik

  • On public holiday today

gtorodelvalle

  • SADLY I WON'T BE ABLE TO JOIN YOU GUYS July 14 :(
  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
    • Thanks to Doug for landing bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen \o/
    • Analysing the possibility to ask for approval to 2.0 due to the complexity of the patch. Mental note: Do not refactor in feature bugs :p
    • Currently I have a working 2.0 version of the patch I will share with Mari Ángeles regarding the way to proceed.
  • bug 995938 - Device does not play an 'end tone' when the call is finished
    • Collecting information about disconnected tone specs.
    • Helping David solving the bug.
  • bug 1033937 - [Calllog] Tap on Withheld number in call log, item highlighted, but stay highlighted when finger released
    • Discussing with Paco ways to proceed in this bug.
  • Other issues:
    • I also helped Alberto Villena with a failing integration dialer test (PIN changing via MMI).
    • I will meet tomorrow with Paco since we have had a lot of distraction these last days regarding the bugs assigned to us in this sprint to decide the way to proceed (elevating an alert about the risk not to accomplish them if appropriate)
      • drs: Can we talk about this? Would like to know what you mean. In general, the more information you give us, the better.
      • Absolutely. I have to leave now (already running late) but we can chat tomorrow. I will have a more quiet afternoon ;)
      • drs: Okay cool, please keep this here so we remember.
      • Sure ;)

thills

  • bug 998147 - Heard back from Hsin-Yi on this one and I will prepare the original patch based on her feedback.
  • bug 1029721 - Prepared the two part patch. Need to fix a lint error (from Travis failure) and then will see if someone can help to test it on actual CDMA device. Anshul has volunteered to help test it.

pacorampas

  • Absent/no report

Day 5: July 11

drs

  • Admin:
    • We have a new team member, Carol Huang, our visual designer to replace Vicky.
    • We now have a fxos-dialer@mozilla.org mailing list. I sent out a welcome email to everyone, and added Carol.
    • Tamara and I will both have working Wasabi devices sent to us soon! We'll be able to test CDMA properly.
    • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen
      • Landed this for Germán
  • Next steps:
    • Need to bug UX for specs for bug 877971.
    • bug 1029581 - [Dialer] Contact name is not shown in the call log after having two contacts with same number and the first one is removed
      • Currently reviewing this for Anthony. Lots of unfamiliar code so this'll be slow, but good for learning.
    • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
      • Need to review this for Germán. Intuitively this seems unnecessary but I need to spend more time on it.
    • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
      • I put up a patch and Etienne reviewed it, waiting for his reply to mine.
  • Done:
    • bug 1037066 - [Dialer] Keypad background color changes are delayed
      • Filed and put up a WIP which fixes it but isn't landable. This is an APZC issue. I'll come back to it later.
  • Other:
    • bug 1032502 - 2.0+ The phone label of an incoming call on the lockscreen is not translated.
      • Needs triaging to land on 1.3T. It got 1.4 approval yesterday but not 1.3T+ yet...

Rik

  • Blockers:
    • bug 1029581 : Finally in review. Even though it took a bit of time to write the tests as expected, it took me longer than expected
  • Monday is a holiday in France
  • Tamara, Francisco, Wilfred and Sergi will be in Paris next week.

gtorodelvalle

  • On PTO today only
  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen
    • Finished and landed

pacorampas

  • No update

thills

  • bug 998147 - No updates on this one today.
  • bug 1029721 - Put a WIP Gecko patch for Hsin-Yi to look at. She is ok with the change to fix this. I am now working on the Gaia piece for this and hope to have the complete patch soon.

Day 4: July 10

drs

  • bug 1026692 and bug 877971.
    • Bugging UX for specs.
  • Submitted request for fxos-dialer@mozilla.org mailing list.
  • bug dialer-most-wanted
  • bug 1030912 - [B2G][Dialer][Bluetooth] While in a call the Speaker icon is shown instead of the Bluetooth Headset icon
    • I have a patch, just cleaning it up.
  • bug 1032502 - 2.0+ The phone label of an incoming call on the lockscreen is not translated.
    • Needs triaging to land on 1.3T and 1.4. (still, but at least I bugged Lawrence yesterday)
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size
    • Need to review this for Germán.

Rik

  • Blockers:
    • bug 1030550 : the Gecko fix is enough! We'll verify when it lands
    • bug 1029581 : I'm writing the tests but they are the first for that area of the code so there's some setup to do
  • bug dialer-most-wanted
  • ICE meeting with Carrie, Francisco and Wilfred
  • Finished all my reviews

gtorodelvalle

  • bug 1018283 - [Follow-up 951665] Pending visual revision and adjustments of the VR call screen when in lockscreen:
    • New rebasing on the fly ;)
  • bug 1010104 - [Dialer][Call Screen] Baseline of the contact name when applying the fluid font size:
    • Vertical homescreen tests failing in Travis.
    • Just asked Anthony for review and rebased the patch to see if the Vertical Homescreen is solved.
    • Revision moved to Doug.

pacorampas

  • bug 1035153 - [Dialer] Prototype sheet navigation layout:
    • Paco just started working on it.
    • I (gtorodelvalle)'ll ask Paco to fill this Etherpad from tomorrow on.
  • bug 1024506 - While call is "connecting", "Add other call", "Keypad" and "microphone" buttons should be disabled.
    • I have worked on changes of my previus patch that Anthony said to me.
    • Now, I should work on tests of it, but I think first I will asked for review.
  • bug 1033937 - [Calllog] Tap on Withheld number in call log, item highlighted, but stay highlighted when finger released
    • Here, I have a little issue to comment. Tomorrow I ask feedback on bugzilla.
  • bug 1033970 - Line not complete highlighted when tapping on a participant in a multiparty call
    • This bug is ready for landing but I first I need Anthony's feedback. He has a NI on bugzilla.

thills

  • bug 998147 - Hsin-yi is looking for a different design to not overuse the telephony-call-ended event. I have an NI on this. My plan is to try and catch her online tonight to discuss how we can use the events vs. the system message.
  • bug 1029721 - Struggling with this one a bit without a device to try anything on. I'm basically reading the code and trying to understand the flow of this one. Again, will try and meet with Hsin-Yi tonight when she comes online.

Day 3: July 9

Day 2: July 8

Day 1: July 7

Retrospective

Retrospective Etherpad

Things we did well

  • Rik: Be more people :)
  • drs: Our daily standup turnout has been really good. Everyone is showing up and we've been getting a lot of unblocking/helping because of it.
  • drs: We did a great job knocking down the number of open blockers. Went from 16 to 4.
  • thills: Completely agree that this has been extremely helpful for getting unblocked on several issues. Also, we are doing a good job keeping the meeting short.
  • Rik: I like the post meeting where we kind of implicitely decided that it's a time when people are available to help

Things we could do better

  • drs: For now it makes sense for Gabriele to join us in our standups and write notes on the Etherpad, but once he has cleared his dialer work we'll have to figure out something that works better for him and isn't taking as much of his time (since he's part-time with us).
    • drs: We agreed to stop writing notes on the Etherpad and instead do a better job using Bugzilla statuses. We'll use IRC slightly more for talking about blocking issues.
  • gtorodelvalle: These last weeks have been really painful regarding testing (Travis and TBPL). In my case, waiting for the tests took so long that when they became green I had to rebase over and over again :-( I currently have 2 bugs waiting for tests to pass. Nice color BTW to be talking about tests :O
    • Rik: It's a bit outside of our team but we need to inform project and engineering management so they can escalate.
  • Rik: I'd prefer to focus the daily meeting more on things that block us and what we intend to work on the next day
  • Rik: We should rotate the standup daily host

Action items

  • gtorodelvalle: Define a clear procedure/workflow about how to proceed regarding testing (wait for Travis to be OK?, wait for TBPL to be OK?, wait for both?, how to proceed if we detect some failing tests of third party apps?, etc.).
  • gtorodelvalle: Ask the content of #fxos-dialer to be logged.
  • drs: Start using ASSIGNED status correctly.

Demos