This is the web page for the feature: 'ICE Contacts'. ICE stands for "In Case of Emergency".
- US: bug 1026682
- Bugs associated:
|ID||Summary||Component||Status||Resolution||Assigned to||Depends on||Blocks||Whiteboard||Blocking b2g||Feature b2g||Target milestone|
|1026682||[Meta] Support for ICE Contacts||Gaia::Contacts||VERIFIED||FIXED||Francisco Jordano [:arcturus] [:francisco]||1038701, 1042577, 1061068, 1061069, 1061072, 1061411, 1061413, 1061420, 1061421, 1061422, 1062168, 1062595, 1062809||[tako][2.1-feature-qa+]||---||2.1||2.1 S3 (29aug)|
1 Total; 0 Open (0%); 0 Resolved (0%); 1 Verified (100%);
- Link to spec: File:2.1 Contacts Support for ICE Contacts.pdf
- THIS IS A DRAFT
- Q: Can we have a group instead of a sublist?
- A: Cause then with 3 or 4 favourites + 2 ICE you won't be able to see the real list
- Q: Do we need to see the contacts from the contacts app?
- A: Yes, cause people will go to contacts to check who to call
- Q: Can we have more than 2? It's making a difficult design
- A: We need to verify (product needs to do this)
- Q: We don't have the sublist navigation model, the closest we have is the search
- A: We'll review it
- Q: We need to add the ICE section to the contacts shortcuts
- A: Yes! We do.
- Q: What happen when I update a contact, that is ICE and we remove all the phone numbers, or we remove that contact
- A: We need to work in those edge cases.
- Q: When selecting contacts, what happen if we select a contact that doesnt have a phone number:
- A: We can display as we do now in the webactivities a message saying that contact doesn't have phone number.
- Q: Looks a bit complicated the navigation to setup the contacts
- A: We know, but is our current navigation model, hopefully will change in the future.
- Q: Should we setup just one phone per contact
- A: No, we should display all, not restrinct the possibilities of calling
- Q: If we don't have connection (or sim lock) should we show an action button (means click and see the no network, or pin lock screen)
- A: Yes we are ok with that, we use the flow of a normal call.
- Q: What about dsds?
- A: Use the default sim, if we have setup 'always ask', we should display current behaviour -> show sim chooser
- Q: Can we scroll the ICE contacts so we don't show always?
- A: We will be missing the whole point of someone else discovering the emergency contacts.
- Q: Can we put the ICE on the settings instead of on the list?
- A: We don't have that pattern on the contacts list/app.
- Q: Can we get ride of the switch selecting the ICE?
- A: Great point we all have concerns, we'll keep the switches now but this can change in the future. Here are a list of alternatives we discussed:
- Adding a 'None' option to the contacts list to remove it: It will mean adding extra logic to the contacts list that we would like to avoid.
- Adding an extra step, action menu to remove or select a new one: We will be introducing extra steps.