From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search


  • Weekly B2G project-wide summary now updated at
  • Communication changes: meetings announced on the various mailing lists. Welcome new attendees!
  • Weekly triage starting this week for both Gaia and B2G. Will email the respective lists once details are available.


Action Items from Last week

  •  ? - All meeting attendees MUST stay muted on the Vidyo calls when not talking! All remote meeting attendees MUST use headsets/mic.
  • DONE: Kevin Hu will confirm details of the person working on FM Radio. Are they full-time on it? Are they working on platform or Gaia piece? What requirements are they working from?
  • EXPECTED TUES: Dietrich will get FM Radio specs from TF UX PM
  • DONE: Mdas is going to publish a HOWTO for writing performance tests.
  • Done - DJF is going to file a bug for Nexus S orientation/video problems.
  • Done - Vivien is going to figure out what platform APIs are missing. Because time is running out.
  • Done - Tim needs some bugs fixed in chrome-privileged scripts. Tim will contact Vivien to coordinate. Are there platform dependencies for this?
  • Done - James is going to publish a HOWTO for writing Gaia unit tests
  •  ? - UX needs details about software update. Josh is digging into it.
  •  ? - UX needs badging ability. Josh is going to file a bug in Bugzilla.
  • NOT DONE: QA: Need to know when features have landed. Starting this week, Dietrich and Kevin will keep the Smoketest column in the M3 spreadsheet up to date.
  • DONE: Chris: Need an owner for first-run experience. Dietrich will find out who manages Gaia and have them assign someone to that. (Tim is now owner, but I didn't do that - confirm with Tim - DA) - ping ricardo about ux for this

Status updates

  • daleharvey
* setVisible in review -
* getScreenshot landed but fix needed(fix in review) -
* contextmenu in progress -
* tabs landed -

I've been working on a lot of things without much concrete progress to show for it:

    • orientation in Gaia is stalled by two bugs:

    • discussing device storage api with Doug Turner
      • this is landing very soon, so I'll be able to start working with it
    • discussing media sync issues with Casey
    • discussing camera API with Fabrice and Mike
    • Playing around with flexible layout ideas and discussing with Casey and Pavel
  • justindarc
  • etienne
  • Fixes on the notifications and the dialer
  • Contacts favorites, and fixes for the contacts
  • WebActivities work (and progress!)
  • kazé
• [l10n] new contributor on the Brazilian locale
• [l10n] working to support plural forms for the two strings that currently require it :)
• (wip) local database of the data service providers
  • Vivien
  • fzzzy (donovan)
    • Simplified tcpsocket patch, removed TLS, removed useless security callbacks
    • We will need an api to manage ssl security exceptions and low-level work to allow security exceptions programatically
    • Tried to verify ondrain is doing what it is supposed to, instead of what Honza claimed it was doing (it is working properly)
  • timdream
  • Rudy Lu
    • Pull request #1413: Keyboard improvements according to the keyboard recommendation
      • (P.2), double tapping on space would enter "."
    • Pull request #1427: Fix the issue that the keyboard mode may be wrongly kept as "symbol"
    • Issue #1386: missing global icon when enabling 2nd keyboard layout - Fixed
    • Will check how to do predictive text.
    • Will implement 2 keyboard layouts, Spanish (LatinAm) & Portuguese (Brazil)
  • Ian Liu (Alarm/Clock)
    • Communicate and keep following and new UX spec of alarm/clock feature.
    • Follow up no screen lock issue when device goes into suspend mode automatically.
    • Implement a prototype layout for alarm feature.
  • Dominic (dkuo)
    • List Music App features and UI components base on the latest wireframes.
    • Start to build UI prototype of Music App.
    • Layout of player page was completed. (Play controls are not ready)
      • Pull request #1447: Music App - First UI prototype
  • Steve Chung (SMS/MMS)
    • Implement SMS/MMS app V2 draft layout.
    • Test SMS delete webAPI and implement delete functionality.
    • Track MMS webAPI progress.
  • lightsofapollo (James Lal)
    • Landed in domain unit tests (Unit tests are ready for everyone).
    • Integrating today with CI today for emulator.
    • Nothing new on calendar
    • This week: wrapping up day view/week view for calendar.
  • asuth (Andrew Sutherland)
    • SMTP sending works; integrated into composition life-cycle API
    • SMTP has unit test that just tests sending (it verifies that it thinks it sent okay, but does not yet verify that the message showed up, in say a loopback configuration)
    • started work on UI; have setup cards good/ugly, working on folder navigation and message list cards
    • Implementing trivial fake account to make it easier to demo/test/experiment without actually setting up a real account
  • UX (Josh, Patryk, Casey, Larissa, Frank)
   Josh: Continue outlining patterns and building blocks, sets the course for Visual Design
   Josh: Working with Telefonica on Comms application and the integration of messaging, call log and contacts
   Casey: working with TF on Bluetooth, Cost controls and Keyboard -- communications going smoothly
   Casey: working on Flexible UI implementation with David f, Pavel and TF.  Need feedback from other devs.
   Casey: Dev environment syc up
   Larissa: focused on getting a draft of the Persona flow out to Telefonica, getting buy-in from all the stakeholders. Aiming for this week.
   Larissa: 2/3 done on Settings Design Patterns, next step will be a design review, then hopefully release it to visual/engineering
   Maria: connected with Marketplace team, have intitial background research document started. Hoping to share high level design concepts with UX team by end of day Wednesday May 23. First MP design deadline June 21. 
   Maria: working with Larissa and Dan Mills about fitting persona in to Marketplace UX flow.
  • Japanese IME (Wenbin Wu - wwu)
    • start learning Japanese Ime from last week
    • aim to deliver a demo in this week
    • maybe need some help from guys who is working on keyboard.js because most Japanese IME need to highlight word candidates.
  • FM Radio (Pin Zhang - pzhang -

(My webcam does not work)

    • Working on the WebFM API last week
    • Finished internal discusstion with Taiwan team yesterday, James, Tim, Thinker and Steven are involved.
    • Posted the WebFM API proposals to yesterday, but my message still awaits moderator approval
    • I will work on both platform and Gaia part except the audio routing for FM HW, Steven will work on the routing part.
  • Visual design (Patryk)

(can’t seem to get vidyo to work) (new designer joining the visual design team this week: Peter La)

   Working with TF to get done by end of the week:
       + Grid for all the apps
       + Visual design for notifications
       + Solidify (first pass) for white and dark app visual design
   Application Icon proposal by end of the week (first draft), give to devs some sample icons so that they can test out cropping / effects.
  • Pavel
  • nekr (Arthur Stolyar) (contributor) (Email app)
    • I updated relative date pattern and fixed some bugs there
    • Changed design style of some elements, but still has no style guide for all UI
    • Now I writing new api for UI elements (bindings?) and |composeMessage| method by guide of v1 of email app
    • Also I proposed to Casey somethings about UI Notifications inside the app and about contextmenu. Will do prototype of those in next week.
  • QA (John, Geo)
    • john vetting new B2G build process; writing up new instructions (blog, MDN, community)
    • john working on breaking test areas into separate test logs. If you have an area you're working on that's landed and ready for QA love, let us know!
    • Tony filing several new bugs
    • new blood in tech support starting on B2G & Gaia; plan is to onramp her on basic stuff.
    • Geo working on inventorizing web apis plus automating some testcases this week
    • collaborating with Telefonica to maintain list of open bugs: for triage
  • Product (Chris Lee)
  • WebAPIs

Round Table