Weekly Gaia Development Meeting
- Date: 2013-12-03
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben
- Minutes copied to the wiki each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Announcements & Notices
Firefox OS launched in Italy with Telecom Italia today! http://www.telecomitalia.com/tit/en/archivio/media/comunicati-stampa/telecom-italia/mercato/consumer/2013/12-03.html
1.3 Feature Complete is on Monday (9th).
2. Performance, stability, polish.
3. Committed feature work.
reporter: tony chung
- Individual team member status here - https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-qa-standup
- Latest smoketest Result - 48/48 tests passing
- dogfooding 1.2. Bugs here: http://mzl.la/19dGnGP(12).
Included are 3 regressions: 944203 [B2G][Settings] The string "Unplug USB cable to disable" is truncated 945362 [B2G][Camera] - A flickering line appears on the call status bar when taking photos 943697 [B2G][MMS] Send a MMS with airplane mode enabled fails without a notification
- Latest Smoketest Result - 47/48 tests passing, 1 blocker
- starting testrun for 1.3 (cutting it after the merge > 12/9)
- flatfish devices - mountain view has 10 devices and started to look into them
- fugu devices 2 in U.S. - started looking at these in Mountain View
- Gaia UI Automation .
- 116 passed, 3 errors, 4 expected failures, 2 unexpected passes
- Test failures
- test_sms_send - This is an intermittent problem when the SMS is slow to be received through the carrier network.
- test_sms_with_attachments - The Messages app is crashing https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=945774 has been filed
- Tests blocked by existing bugs :
- test_cost_control_ftu.py - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=942730
- test_cost_control_data_alert_mobile.py - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=942730
- test_cost_control_reset_wifi.py - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=942060
- test_contacts_import_from_gmail - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=932804
- test_add_photo_from_gallery_to_contact - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=942010
- test_clock_set_alarm_time - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=877611
Talking this week: ? Notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-productivity The Team: asuth, evanxd, ianliu, gaye, lightsofapollo, doliver, jrburke, gghosh, mcav, jhford, cserran, pdol, tony (qa), william hsu (qa), robmac
Streaming email send landed
POP3 edge case cleanup landing
Drawer for email/calendar still in progress
Next/Previous still in progress
Backlog in Pivotal Tracker: https://www.pivotaltracker.com/s/prdojects/867311
Media front end
Talking this week: djf
We're nearly done with our 1.3 features
We're planning a workweek in Toronto in early February
Marshall Culpepper is back and will be joining our team.
Our team: Dave Hylands, David Flanagan, Mike Habicher, Jim Porter, Hema Koka, Dominic Kuo, John Hu, Diego Marcos, Wilson Page, Punam Dahiya (part-time), Justin D'Arcangelo (part-time) Product: Sri Kasetti Ux: Rob MacDonald, Patryk Adamczyk EPM: Candice Serran QA: Marcia Knous
Talking this week: mchang
TEAM: bkelly, geo, hub, huseby, jhylands, jld, kgrandon, mchang, mlee, wlach, Walter Chen
CSS property will-animate has landed for a few gaia apps (Settings, Contacts, SMS, Calendar, Gallery). A few more coming this week. Will have a blog post up soon explaining will-animate.
Some datazilla regressions this week:
50ms regression on Dec 1 was from backing out bug 917416
Backed out bug 932731 for regressing Settings launch time on Nov 27
Investigating other multi-app regressions in bug 942893 and bug 943594
harnesses and ammeters are in the process of being built
general delivery from signup sheet will be in January
Talking this week: David S
koi+ status plays with zarro bugs
Comms + RIL workweek, DSDS: The workweek took place in Taipei last week. The team demoed
calling via either of the SIMs
receiving calls via either of the SIMs
sending messages via both SIMs
receiving messages via both SIMs
import / export contacts to and from both SIMs
There was a small issue with data and this is being worked on and should be ready this week. We are looking good for the reduced set of features we wanted to land in v1.3. Now onwards and upwards to close DSDS off with v1.4 - plus any bugs raised on v1.3.
System front end
Talking this week: Ben
Daily standups: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/fxos-systems-frontend1-3
The team: cserran, gwagner, ladamski, reuben m, kyle m, michael h, aus, sam, alexandre, francis, jason, atsai, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, naoki, john
Browser2 icon created in non-production builds
Download Manager landing this week
Talking this week:
Clock - finalizing for v1.3
Messaging - Drafts feature
Testing infrastructure tooling
Corey would appreciate input on his recent work with JSHint: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=937431
Anthony: If you have some cycles, please look at the intermittent bugs that are making Travis red 50% of the time.
Dietrich: Datazilla speaks to us. We must listen. https://datazilla.mozilla.org/b2g