Gaia Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2015-04-14
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben Francis
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "Early" meetings: Tues 9:00am SF, Wed 12:00am Taipei
- "Late" meetings: Tues 6:00pm SF, Wed 9:00am Taipei
Announcements & Notices
- (bajaj, READONLY) 2.2 FC moved to Apr 29 to accommodate android 5.1 changes and hit the other missed criteria for FC (refer to :khu's email subjected "Updates regarding to Firefox OS 2.2 feature complete milestone" for additional details)
Add your workweeks, new hires, other announcements:
- Project Ignite!
(Just remember that this is a public meeting, and I'm not sure if everything is public yet)
- Last two smoke test blockers:
- bug 1153976 - [Flame] Device is stuck on black screen after flashing on central Tinderbox KK builds
- bug 1153831 [Flame ][Browser] If you launch browser app to play videos, it can't works normally.
- smoke tests are red as of yesterday, still waiting to hear back from smoke testers about today's report.
- FXOS QA daily standups can be found here : https://etherpad.mozilla.org/b2g-qa-daily-standup
- QA main blocker list : https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Top-QA-B2G-Bugs-MC
- Contributor blocker: Bug 1154072 - respin of contributor facing build : 18D_nightly ( v3)
Gaia Architecture Work
- Telemetry library
- Meetings to discuss options. Investigating expose current performance tools in Gecko to make them available to workers.
- Web app bridge (aka threads.js)
- Working on how to communicate between different threads, spawning threads and providing services
- Service workers
- Had a first meeting to discuss
- Maybe work on simple demo app
- SMS app conversion
- Starting to figure out how to isolate application logic and work together with rest of group
- Music app conversion
- We're in the "having meetings about it" stage (djf)
- But busy with 2.2 performance regressions
Talking this week: Updates: No update
Talking this week: The team: evelyn, gchen, rexlee, johnhu, lchang, tzu-lin, shermanchen, yifan, seanlee, songchiu Updates: No update
Media front end
Talking this week: djf Our team: dhylands, djf, mikeh, jporter, hkoka, dkuo, dmarcos, wilsonpage, justindarc, pdahiya, rnicoletti, hub; Product: swilkes; Ux: amlee, tshakespeare, jsavory, hnguyen; EPM: mtreese QA: npark Updates:
mikeh will be leaving Mozilla :-(
We're trying to figure out startup time regressions for 2.2. Why is gecko slower in 2.2.
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: Notes: Updates: No update
Talking this week: The team: Updates: No update
Systems front end
Talking this week: The team: cserran, gwagner, qdot, michael h, aus, alexandr, francis, jason, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, gmarty, sfoster, naoki, tef, tedders1 Updates:
- 10 2.2 blockers https://wiki.mozilla.org/FirefoxOS/systemsfe/releasetracking#FxOS-Systems_Frontend_Blocker_2.2_Dashboard
- Working on polish bugs http://mzl.la/1uQcIy8
- New hire!