Gaia Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2015-07-14
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Greg, Yi-Fan
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "TPE/EU" meeting time: Tuesdays 02:00 Pacific
- "EU/US" meeting time: Tuesdays 9:00 Pacific
Announcements & Notices
Add your workweeks, new hires, other announcements:
- Tzu-Lin: (looking for suggestion) BT team would like to implement a BT API test app and to put it in engineering build. They'd like to know where they could put their code? I was told that we should not add new app in dev_apps/ folder anymore.
- UI tests are irrelevant to this issue, so we can't solve this in such way.
- To use dev_apps looks like the only solution right now.
- We need to ask about when and why dev_apps were deprecated.
Previous discussion on mailing list: http://bit.ly/1CDI2cU
- Fred Lin: Intend to implement share url via bluetooth. Want to learn some insight about why our system cannot open html file in DeviceStroage (bug 1183509).
- Treat it as a text file would be a workaround, maybe
- Need more elaborations on mailing list
Gaia Architecture Work
- Telemetry library
- Web app bridge
- Service workers
- all features landed (as we want to keep the library lean), last one was autoclaim. - about to land some changes to improve performance. - from now on focusing on measuring and performance.
- SMS app conversion
- Still working on the navigation, with whole documents. - Working on the system messages problem. Need to come with a solution first to be implemented by SFE. - Backend services for send sms. - Backend services for fetching all the inbox from the phone. - Refactoring to make things easier. - Continue exploring SW.
- Music app conversion
- Contacts app conversion
- #new activity landed as self-contained view - #open activity waiting for treeherder to be landed - Just started our new lean development cycle (the 2nd), check more details in our Wiki! 
- Still building layouts for SMS; try to make navigation works for the first page; thread.js should improve booting time so we should have some measuring to make sure it improve our performance.
- Contact app: could try to create a contact from call like demo video shows
Talking this week: Updates:
Talking this week: The team: evelyn, rexlee, johnhu, lchang, tzu-lin, yifan, seanlee Updates:
- System app merge plan comes out
- Dashboard app (TV) meta: http://bugzil.la/1074078
- UX of Dashboard app is under re-discussing
- Project update: discussing with partner to see if they are going to migrate to 2.5 this year. They are asking what's new for 2.5, but we haven't figure out our commitment.
Media front end
Talking this week: Our team: dhylands, djf, jporter, hkoka, dkuo, dmarcos, wilsonpage, justindarc, pdahiya, rnicoletti, hub; Product: swilkes; Ux: amlee, tshakespeare, jsavory, hnguyen; EPM: mtreese QA: npark Updates:
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: Notes: Updates:
Talking this week: The team: Updates:
- Tim: (personal update)Working on InputMethod API, making sure API/Keyboard behaves more correctly compare to the rest of the Web (bug 1137557).
Systems front end
Talking this week: Ben The team: (growing! to be updated) Updates: Three teams...
- Pin the Web
- Icons in browser chrome landed
- App/site name in browser chrome landed
- Web Speech API
- Vaani app with some basic voice commands
- Aiming for no regressions in 2.5
- Creating more automated testing to make it harder to land a regression
- New team members
- Jon Hylands
- Red Tai
- Ben: I see Paul T in the meeting - do you have an update on the new security model/permissions model?
(Paul would be in Taipei next week to have more discussions)
- origin segregation
- cache pinning
- package pinning and updating
- Implementation - 5 people in Taipei + others
- packaging support has landed
- About widgets:
- How about instantiating processes of widgets under new model & new architecture.
- About widgets: