Gaia Weekly Meeting
- Date: 2015-08-04
- Meeting connection details: https://wiki.mozilla.org/B2G#Meetings
- Host: Ben Francis
- Minutes copied to the wiki by host each week https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/Meeting_Notes
Alternate Meeting Times:
- "TPE/EU" meeting time: Tuesdays 02:00 Pacific
- "EU/US" meeting time: Tuesdays 9:00 Pacific
Announcements & Notices
Gaia Architecture Work
- Telemetry library
- 1177226 -- Hoping to land this today. Adds the performance timings for collecting the startup time.
- 1183101 -- Bulk of the telemetry system. Gaia portion r? and Gecko r?
- 1176992 -- f+. Support more complex histogram types from AdvancedTelemetryHelper. This is the next step after 1183101 is landed.
- Web app bridge
- Service workers
- SMS app conversion
- Music app conversion
- Contacts app conversion
- Goal for end of the week: Demo of views, URL per contact
- #new has landed in Contacts, so it's completely a self-contained view \o/
- #update as self-contained view is r?
- Working in #list & #settings in order to have all main views as self-contained views
- "import" & "open" activity has been landed with new approach
- Navigation is moving forward, and tomorrow we will have a light-talk by Manuel Casas in Paris, who will explain a web component to handle navigation effect with prerender.
- Bug related to open a window.open from an activity: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1190775, System people could have a look at it. please?
Talking this week: Updates:
Talking this week: The team: evelyn, rexlee, johnhu, lchang, tzu-lin, yifan, seanlee; UX: tori; Product: Joe; EPM: Josh Updates:
Media front end
Talking this week: Our team: dhylands, djf, jporter, hkoka, dmarcos, wilsonpage, justindarc, pdahiya, rnicoletti, hub; Product: swilkes; Ux: amlee, tshakespeare, jsavory, hnguyen; EPM: mtreese QA: npark Updates:
Talking this week: Sprint tracking wiki: Notes: Updates:
Talking this week: timdream, steveck, evenxd, gasolin, snowmantw, rickychien The team: Updates:
Systems front end
Talking this week: The team: cserran, gwagner, qdot, michael h, aus, alexandr, francis, jason, pdol, benfrancis, daleharvey, gmarty, sfoster, naoki, tef, tedders1 Updates:
- Pin the web changes landing, new setting in Developer Settings to turn on experimental features
- Moving all test suites from b2g-desktop to mulet
- Disable redundant tests on b2g-destkop. Eventually stop building b2g-desktop
- CSS/RTL best practices, incoming refactoring (sfoster) https://wiki.mozilla.org/Gaia/CSS_Guidelines#Direction_.28RTL.2FLTR_and_Bidi.29
- Gaia contribution pathway, a single page on MDN to go from zero to patch-landed. If you have thoughts on what should be included, or notes about roadbumps for contributors, list them on the etherpad. https://etherpad.mozilla.org/gaia-pathway (dietrich)