For the latest UX specifications, please visit https://mozilla.box.com/system
- User receives a push notification (eg: new email).
- User receives a phone call.
- User receives a phone call, but misses it.
- User receives a permission request from a website (eg: for location tracking).
- User receives a permission request from an installed app.
- User receives a notification while the device is locked.
- User wants to review recent notifications.
- User receives a push notification (eg: SMS) while on a phone call.
- User is in a browser, deciding whether to grant a location tracking permission request for a website, when she receives an incoming call notification.
- Notifications include
- title: text string (eg: name of app, or name of person sending incoming text message)
- body: text string, (eg:"Did you pick up the wine?")
- iconURL: url of image asset (eg: photo of contact)
- callback action: (eg: open SMS app, display relevant thread, and open keyboard)
- time stamp
- Notifications can be prioritized (eg: incoming call notification takes precedence over all other device activities)
- Notifications can be grouped by:
- Notifications can be displayed in one of several UI formats (listed in order of disruption):
- Status bar
- Full screen
- User can configure notification methods on a per-app basis (eg: can toggle between passive or alert SMS notifications).
- Time stamps can be relative (eg: "13 minutes ago" instead of "2:45 PM")
- Notifications can include vibration or audio.