- 1 Public meeting note of Oct 1st, 2013
- 1.1 Gaia for Tablet
- 1.2 3rd-party keyboards framework
- 1.3 Simplified Chinese IME
- 1.4 Gaia build script
- 1.5 Window management upgrade
- 1.6 BT feature support
- 1.7 Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- 1.8 Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- 1.9 ext. functional team update: media
- 1.10 ext. functional team update: comms
- 1.11 ext. functional team update: productivity
Public meeting note of Oct 1st, 2013
These are the features mainly driven by the Taipei teams, in co-optations with other teams in Taipei and around the world. We are not meant to take all the credit :)
Gaia for Tablet
- In review:
- replace FTU tutorial images
- Need Gecko support:
- vicamo) 920551 disable navigator.mozTelephony API if device not support
- Meta bug and Notes
- We are targeting the lowest risk approach and work with phone v1.2. So v1.2 Gaia will be adaptable to two form factors. We will only fix cases where the UI is broken.
- Here are a rough estimate for each apps
3rd-party keyboards framework
Simplified Chinese IME
This is a v1.2 feature. Simplified Chinese Pinyin keyboard support
- bug 900906 - Wrap the pinyin engine with web worker to improve the user experience
- bug 906617 - Change Gaia keyboard app to use the new composition methods in IME WebAPI
- bug 913397 - Make keyboard app support 1.5x graphics
- bug 917732 - Candidate panel displays wrong data when clicking candidate-panel-toggle-button and space key at the same time
- bug 900901 - Replace the pinyin IME engine with the emscripten'ed one
- bug 900907 - Update the pinyin IME layout with the UX specification
- bug 905530 - Add user dict support to Emscripten'd PinyinIME
- bug 908592 - Improve symbol panel layout of Pinyin IME
Gaia build script
This is a v1.2 nice-to-have. meta bug and dependency
- See the plan.
- Will open up indiviual bugs for people for help out once the build script unit test framework is completed.
- Accomplished 4 build scripts to build modules on v1.2
- We plan to accomplish below tasks on v1.3:
- Customization Tool for homescreen based on firefox extension which is mentioned above.
Window management upgrade
Meta: bug 902766. This is a v1.2 nice-to-have.
- HomescreenWindow patch is merged, backout-ed, merged, backouted and merged.
- Watching regressions after bug 905116.
- Not a regression but a window manager bug:
http://bugzil.la/920890 - App occasionally becomes white after several open/close action quickly.
- current: bug 907013 Open/Close transition into AppWindow is under development.
- next: ActivitiyWindow
- Blocks v1.3 Sheet navigation + Browser integration to system
BT feature support
- completed inline pairing
- completed adopting new bluetooth APIs in the settings app and the system app
- added A2DP status icon
- discuss headset restore connection(Bug 921927)
- Bluetooth file transfer bug fixing
Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- Merged wifi testcase
- fixing bluetooth testcase
- airplane more test case
Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- Writing more test cases on the app.
- Unable to test hardware keys
- Will submit a WIP patch this week.
ext. functional team update: media
- 1.3 Sprint 1 Planning
- Sprint 1 & 2 Priority:
- Stabilizing 1.2 and KOI+ blockers
- Finishing 1.2 Nice-to-haves
- Engineering user stories
- Refactoring work
- Unit / Integration tests for media apps
ext. functional team update: comms
- Incoming call lockscreen landed in master and 1.2. Follow up bug created for unit test.
- Quality(every patch needs unit test) and test coverage improvement in 1.3.
- DSDS(Dual Sim Dual Standby) planing:
- Need product manager confirms the scope for 1.3.
- Need UX specs
- Need test plan for related api.
ext. functional team update: productivity
- Happy for the Summit! :D
- Support POP3 protocol
- Email generator helper
- Fix koi+ bugs
- Multiple email notification should have senders listed in reverse chronological order of email timestamp
- Grouped notifications should not show email address when only one email account is configured.
- New marionette plugin for debugging. Currently working on screenshot functions.
- Reviewing and updating the patch.