- 1 Public meeting note of Sep 24th, 2013
- 1.1 Gaia for Tablet
- 1.2 3rd-party keyboards framework
- 1.3 Simplified Chinese IME
- 1.4 Gaia build script
- 1.5 Window management upgrade
- 1.6 BT feature support
- 1.7 Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- 1.8 Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- 1.9 ext. functional team update: media
- 1.10 ext. functional team update: comms
- 1.11 ext. functional team update: productivity
Public meeting note of Sep 24th, 2013
These are the features mainly driven by the Taipei teams, in co-optations with other teams in Taipei and around the world. We are not meant to take all the credit :)
Gaia for Tablet
- This week:
- landed: 906538 ensure tablet user agent, scroll up gesture to homescreen
- In review: replace FTU tutorial images / hide dialer via blacklist
- working: 918272 [Flatfish][System] Add animation for home gesture, 919455 tablet wallpaper are stretched
- Need Gecko support:
- Meta bug and Notes
- We are targeting the lowest risk approach and work with phone v1.2. So v1.2 Gaia will be adaptable to two form factors. We will only fix cases where the UI is broken.
- Here are a rough estimate for each apps
3rd-party keyboards framework
- bug 913782 - build-time keyboard layout selection - almost done, waiting for addressing some nits/review comments.
Simplified Chinese IME
This is a v1.2 feature.
- bug 900906 - Wrap the pinyin engine with web worker to improve the user experience
- bug 906617 - Change Gaia keyboard app to use the new composition methods in IME WebAPI
- bug 908592 - Improve symbol panel layout of Pinyin IME
- bug 913397 - Make keyboard app support 1.5x graphics
Gaia build script
This is a v1.2 nice-to-have. meta bug and dependency
- See the plan.
- Modularization in progress.
- Bug 904105 - Build Gaia on Firefox extension, we still have some bug for this work and we plan to land it on next week.
- Will open up indiviual bugs for people for help out once the build script unit test framework is completed.
- Accomplished 4 build scripts to build modules on v1.2
- We plan to accomplish below tasks on v1.3:
- Customization Tool for homescreen based on firefox extension which is mentioned above.
Window management upgrade
Meta: bug 902766. This is a v1.2 nice-to-have.
- HomescreenWindow patch is merged. A regression about trustedUI is noted and having a patch right now.
- current: bug 907013 Open/Close transition into AppWindow is under development.
- next: ActivitiyWindow
- no API changes (yet)
- Blocks v1.3 Sheet navigation + Browser integration to system
BT feature support
- completed inline pairing
- completed adopting new bluetooth APIs in the settings app and the system app
- added A2DP status icon
- Bluetooth file transfer bug fixing
- add correct filter to avoid handling Share URL activity
- fixed user experience inconsistent issue since spec. updated
Internship mentorship: system app unit tests
- Merged wifi testcase
- fixing bluetooth testcase
- airplane more test case
Internship mentorship: eng. mode / show case app
- Writing more test cases on the app.
- Unable to test hardware keys
- Will submit a WIP patch this week.
ext. functional team update: media
- 1.3 Sprint 1 Planning
- Sprint 1 & 2 Priority:
- Stabilizing 1.2 and KOI+ blockers
- Finishing 1.2 Nice-to-haves
- Engineering user stories
- Refactoring work
- Unit / Integration tests for media apps
ext. functional team update: comms
- Comms will be helping out CDMA issues for RIL team for non-Settings app issues(Please ref CDMA section).
- Incoming call lockscreen landed in master and 1.2. Follow up bug created for unit test.
- Quality(every patch needs unit test) and test coverage improvement in 1.3.
- DSDS(Dual Sim Dual Standby) planing:
- Need product manager confirms the scope for 1.3.
- Need test plan for related api.
ext. functional team update: productivity
- New marionette plugin for debugging. Currently working on screenshot functions.
- Add new APIs for marionette-js-client:
- Add closeWindow function in Client module
- Add getActiveElement in Client module.
- Clock app on-going, watching
- A Alarm API mock was made for testing E-mail notification