Personal tools

Grow/Meeting 10 04 12

From MozillaWiki

Jump to: navigation, search


Grow mozilla wordmark.jpg

Meeting Details

Agenda

  • Reminder for David to record video :)
  • Introductions
  • MozCamp (Kate)
    • MozCamp Europe videos being processed and may be available by end of next week
    • MozCamp Asia call for participation -- deadline for proposals is Oct. 15
  • Contributor metrics (David)
    • Now that we have more data about community growth and health does that change how we set goals for community building?
    • For example, can we set targets for increasing community building capacity or for increasing the leverage ratio of volunteers on teams?
  • New business ideas (Christopher)
    • Mozilla is welcoming ideas from the community on new business initiatives we may explore in the future. Non-proprietary idea submissions are welcome.
  • Adding more accountability to these discussions (Kensie)
  • Logistics
    • Canceling next scheduled meeting on Oct 18 due to a conflict with a work week. We'll meet again on Nov. 1.
    • Would it help to book a room in SF for these discussions?

Other items if there's time

  • Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
  • Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
  • Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
  • Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
  • Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
  • Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...
  • can I get everyones throughts on bug 791872 about a contributors room on vidyo


Action Items and Notes

  • Kate to send out information when MozCamp Europe videos are available
  • David to set up meeting with Dia, Dino and Dave Eaves about taking his workshop content and making it a living resource after the workshops are held
  • David to schedule a whole upcoming Grow Mozilla discussion to a pilot of a workshop (and will send David Eaves notes from today's discussion)
  • David to book a room in SF for these meetings and will cancel the next meeting on Oct 18 due to a conflict