Grow/Meeting 10 04 12
- Meeting time: Thursday, October 4 at 10 AM Pacific / 17:00 UTC (times around the world)
- Video: David Boswell's vidyo room (use this link for guest access)
- Audio: If video doesn't work, call +1 800 707 2533, pin 369, conf 9634#
- Room: Get to Da Choppa in Mountain View 3rd floor
- Back channel: irc://irc.mozilla.org#mozillians
- Reminder for David to record video :)
- Please feel free to take notes: https://etherpad.mozilla.org/grow-mozilla-notes-10-04-12
- MozCamp (Kate)
- MozCamp Europe videos being processed and may be available by end of next week
- MozCamp Asia call for participation -- deadline for proposals is Oct. 15
- Community building workshop proposals (David)
- David Eaves has been interviewing people new to community building to find out what needs they have. He has interview notes and suggested workshop outlines to address those needs.
- Contributor metrics (David)
- Now that we have more data about community growth and health does that change how we set goals for community building?
- For example, can we set targets for increasing community building capacity or for increasing the leverage ratio of volunteers on teams?
- New business ideas (Christopher)
- Mozilla is welcoming ideas from the community on new business initiatives we may explore in the future. Non-proprietary idea submissions are welcome.
- Adding more accountability to these discussions (Kensie)
- Materials to use at events to get people to get involved (Leo/Jan)
- Localizing the Get Involved page (David)
- Canceling next scheduled meeting on Oct 18 due to a conflict with a work week. We'll meet again on Nov. 1.
- Would it help to book a room in SF for these discussions?
Other items if there's time
- Report back: Next steps for video footage from Summit
- Report back: Town halls and giving contributors more of a voice
- Question: How can we help events be more effective at bringing in contributors?
- Question: How do you balance doing something yourself vs. helping someone do something?
- Question: How do people deal with negative feedback and stop energy?
- Feel free to add more questions or other agenda items...
- can I get everyones throughts on bug 791872 about a contributors room on vidyo
- Can we as the grow community keep the following page upto date a lot more https://wiki.mozilla.org/MozillaWiki:Community_portal
Action Items and Notes
- Kate to send out information when MozCamp Europe videos are available
- Jess to start an etherpad for us to capture thoughts on how to evolve the Community Quilt and make it permanent. See https://etherpad.mozilla.org/Community-Quilt-Future
- David to set up meeting with Dia, Dino and Dave Eaves about taking his workshop content and making it a living resource after the workshops are held
- David to schedule a whole upcoming Grow Mozilla discussion to a pilot of a workshop (and will send David Eaves notes from today's discussion)
- David to book a room in SF for these meetings and will cancel the next meeting on Oct 18 due to a conflict