How can we make Pancake more location aware
What can we do to make Pancake more location aware?
- Can we use the user's current location to find things that are relevant? Should "near" topics have a higher score?
- Can we pass the user's current location to third party search engines like Bing and Twitter to get more relevant results?
- Can we find out what city or area your are currently in and use that as a parameter for our searches or suggestions?
- Can we record the user's location as part of the browser history so that we know what kind of things you visit at specific locations?
- Can we store the user's location for favorited items and then cluster those items to find topics based on location?
- Can we detect that your behaviour is different because you are not in your home zone?
- Can we suggest favorited items from other users based on the geo location?
We should probably turn this into some smaller independent experiments.