IPDL/Unit test generation
cjones will update when possible.
robin_bb to implement.
Contents of ipc/ipdl/test/cxx/README.txt:
To add a new IPDL C++ unit test, you need to create (at least) the following files (for a test "TestFoo"):
- PTestFoo.ipdl, specifying the top-level protocol used for the test
- TestFoo.h, declaring the top-level parent/child actors used for the test
- TestFoo.cpp, defining the top-level actors
- (make sure all are in the namespace mozilla::_ipdltest)
- add PTestFoo.ipdl to ipdl.mk
- append TestFoo to the variable IPDLTESTS in Makefile.in
The IPDL test harness will try to execute |testFooParentActor->Main()| to kick off your test. Make sure you define |TestFooParent::Main()|.
If your test passes its criteria, please call |MOZ_IPDL_TESTPASS("msg")| and "exit gracefully".
If your tests fails, please call |MOZ_IPDL_TESTFAIL("msg")| and "exit ungracefully", preferably by abort()ing.
If all goes well, running
cd $OBJDIR/ipc/ipdl/test/cxx mozmake
will update the file IPDLUnitTests.cpp (the test launcher), and your new code will be built automatically.
You can launch your new test by invoking (from the $OBJDIR/ipc/ipdl/test/cxx folder)
If you want to launch only your test, run
cd $OBJDIR/dist/bin ./ipdlunittest TestFoo
For a bare-bones example of adding a test, take a look at PTestSanity.ipdl, TestSanity.h, TestSanity.cpp, and how "TestSanity" is included in ipdl.mk and Makefile.in.
For IPDL tests to be built, you need --enable-ipdl-tests in your build options (mozconfig).