Last Week's Actions
- roadmap needed
- post-mortem on security bug, plus script
- will do during work week.
- calendar of items needed by end of quarter and who owns what.
- QA calendar/wiki to plan Dev then Stage stability testing before Prod goes live
- tech documentation from engagement
All are in progress.
- large amount of dev this past week.
- "keep me signed in" feature, required by apps team, implemented and in beta (sans 'allow persistent' flag - a 5 star issue)
- train-2011.11.03 into production
- train-2011.11.10 into beta WITH BLOCKERS (will not ship next week, but up for testing)
- dbwriter process split off - process split required for prod hardware to be complete this week
- "Native Client Facilitation Server" proposed - a way to accelerate prototyping browserid in native (mobile/desktop) apps
- Flattened out client code structure for easier discoverability.
- Starting on profile model/initial form controller/tests.
- sasl-browserid security review bug 684085 almost complete, no open bugs.
- BrowserID login flow on OpenPhoto screencast.
- Started Etherpad hacking
Security & Privacy
- brown bag last week.
- 3rd-party reviews meeting this week.
- staging/loadtest environment hardware has landed and is mostly built
- seriously beefy fast hardware
- waiting on network ACLs, ETA monday
- should have browserid software running by EOD tuesday (stage-browserid.services.mozilla.com)
- start load tests as soon as we have the scripts to drive it
- prod scl2 hardware has also landed
- still waiting on new load balancers (not a blocker for testing)
- mysql replication/monitoring strategy fleshed out (doc coming)
- working with infra-sec on documentation, vuln scans, more reliable CEF logging, and RSBAC rollout
- The 11/03/2011 Train made it successfully through Beta last week:
- Bug 699962 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2011.11.03 to production
- Now working on our thirteenth train:
- Bug 701934 - QA and deploy BrowserID train-2011.11.10 to production
- Still need help from Lloyd and Petef on the BrowserID install issues on our ID2 VM.
- To that end, what is the current status of the RPMs for deploying to ID2?
- Working on wiki to track OPs build-outs for Dev, Test/CI, Stage, and Production.
- Will post link as soon as it is ready
- Needs the current status of all deployment environments - will catch up with OPs this week.
- Actively doing inventory on QA devices to make sure we are covered for iOS5 on iPhone and iPad.
- Working with Shane on Unit Tests for Beta/Stage.
- Working with Austin on a Manual Test App.
- Action Item: work more closely with AMO/Apps team to help with BrowserID testing - automation, etc.
- mailman + BrowserID. Awesome.
Syncing with lloyd today + 2mrw wrt identity log sync time.
- for filing bugs, use "front end component" and prefix summary with "identity"
- new potential feature: get the unverified email address.
- working 2012 roadmap for browserid + innovation group