From MozillaWiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Last Week's Actions

  • [DONE] [JH] Need to confirm target for landing into dev
  • [PF, DM] Bring Christopher Arnold in and clarify our plan with Partners moving forward
  • everyone/LH JP interested in dev engagement, talk to Christian
  • [MOVE TO SEP 20th] LH to blog about bug bounty - Lloyd, any update on this?
  • [ON ICE] DM to work w/ JF, CB, and KV (Karthik) on plan
  • DM to look into where broader profile fits in.
  • [DONE] CB: Gombot website mocks


Crew Updates

  • Launching our new crew update workflow this week. All crew updates will be posted prior to this meeting.



  • Integration with Marketplace is working nicely
    • The pin entry is broken so a purchase cannot be completed. The Marketplace folks are working on the pin entry issue.
  • Numerous patches r+ are on target to land 16 November, including:
    • [landed] gecko support for forced issuer
    • [landed] forceAuthentication, get()
    • [landing nov 19] getVerifiedEmail()
    • [landed] forward-compatibility for arbitrary upgrades to the api
  • Making good progress with forced issuer (Milestone S3); slightly delayed start due to big tent overflow
    • worked targeted for completion early next week (prior to the holiday)

Next week:

  • Ozten: focused on completing the S3 milestone for B2G



  • Updated to address_info (known state and other changes)
  • Updated cert_key
  • DB Changes
  • Added new wsapi call complete_transition
  • Added idp_offline_grace_period_ms config
  • Transition to primary shown once
  • Progress on various transition UI screens
  • Progress on code version mismatch
  • Started integrating
    • Issuer in localStorage
    • Clear certs for different issuers

Next Week:

  • BE l ist_emails - pre-fetch support documents from all domains and return

less information

  • [ozten] FE (PR 2677)add issuer to localstorage for certificate storage
    • BE, FE (# 2710) version lock api requests tosend custom HTTP header withgit sha
    • FE new copy and error screen for version mismatch
  • sean (#2404) Not Authed / primary address / no transition (X makes this easy)

show once

    • Authed / secondary address / transition
    • Authed / secondary address / transition_needs_password
  • [sean] Not Authed / secondary address / transition
  • [sean] Not Authed / primary address / transition
  • [ozten] Authed / primary address / transition
  • [ozten] (#2688) Authed / primary address / offline
  • [ozten] (#2688) Not Authed / primary address / offline
    • BE CHANGE auth_with_assertion to update lastUsedAs


  • Proxy IDP transition work primary focus
  • Now that automated tests are merged, tests passing is a pre-req for merge to dev
  • 0.2012.11.23 will be another very small train

Dialup Performance

  • (on hold until 20 Nov)

Firefox Accounts

FF Accounts meeting notes:

  • Crew is continuing to work towards goal of prototype at end of year


Next week:

  • liuche will be figuring out what server to provision accounts with
  • Ben & Tauni to meet with Erin Lancaster. The purpose of this meeting is to get clarity on work needed for Android, confirm timeline and resources.
  • start email conversation about clock-skew
  • (warner) maybe consider returning a timestamp on every server request. Or maybe on just the sign_key, or maybe a separate API call.



  • Finished setting up environment for all servers, got browserid sending data to kpiggybank and dashboard seeing kpiggybank data.

Next week:

  • File ticket and start working with Gene on deployment
  • Commit config tweak for tests
  • Get my head around existing documentation about KPI requirements and set up meeting with skinny


  • up and running
  • you will be able to download the latest chrome extension any moment now
  • skinning of site in progress

Next week:

  • CB: write up the release notes for the alpha

Test Automation


Next week:

  • The target platform is Chrome on Vista.
  • We'll get together for a bug triage Monday at 9:30 to fix outstanding bugs against that platform. Ping Jared for an invite.
  • Hopefully, signoff on Sauce contract & we resume testing at full volume
  • Blog posts and documentation start to come into range.

Fun fact:

  • Some of our tests are failing because of a legit bug we found in selenium webdriver; we've been discussing it with the team maintaining wd, our node.js selenium library [1], and we'll be taking it up with the webdriver team.


Security & Privacy



- train-2012.11.09 - I can't be done for Tuesday, and Wednesday is not a good day to ship (before the Thanksgiving holiday). So I propose I wrap up this week, but we don't push this out until beginning of next week. - [Fr] had a friend do an accessibility test with a screen reader and we're doing pretty good



Product Marketing

Docs & Engagement

  • Thunder, Jed, and Zach went to PayPal/EBay on Friday to help Joomla! (CMS) create a Persona login plugin



  • [DC, FM] FOSDEM '13: proposals need to be submitted in next 24 hours; Callahad & Francois to draft proposal :: Shane should be able to present


  • [DC] Nov 20-21: attending
  • [JH] Nov 20
  • [BW] Nov 26th vacation
  • [TO] vacation day 26 Nov
  • [Fr] Nov 30th: Mozilla Auckland trip
  • [ST] Dec 3rd for mini-break
  • [Fr] Dec 4 -7: speaking at