- Have you signed up for note taking?
- General Updates:
- Mozilla IdP
- Monday meeting:
- etherpad: https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/weekly-moco-updates
- Content deadline: 5 pm PDT every Thursday
- identify volunteer for next week (24 June)
- Gene is a volunteer for next week (24-Jun)
- We need more volunteers for notetaking during this meeting
- Sign-up here: https://id.etherpad.mozilla.org/weekly-notetakers
- MozIdP probably not going live today, discovered alias problems, meeting tomorrow to figure out a fix
- gene will speak at monday meeting next week 24-Jun
- sign up for note taking!
- ben says: yay MozIdP! yay Yahoo BigTent fix! yay gmail bigtent! great Q2
- maybe do some biz-dev stuff around MozIdP, explain how we do it to small/med enterprises
- we should do some questionnaires surrounding MozIdP rollout: find out what confusion/questions/issues people have, improve docs to cover them. large/local/friendly audience.
- rfeeley: do we have something more than 123done.org to demo persona? more like how google sets up demo sites to showcase new technology. ben cautions about long-term maintenance cost of setting up something fancier. callahad: maybe partner with / sponsor sloblog.io (pronounced "slob-log"). Maybe stopwatching.us (goals align) or other petition sites.
- callahad: can we get some designer time to improve visuals (for RPs)? At least 3 shops have tried to pitch to customers, who balked at the confusing branding/messaging. This would be a highly leveraged convincer. roblord: persona could/should be the "VISA" of login. ckarlof: "Powered By Persona".
- frankly, things are looking rather grim for primaries and b2g
- we have a short-term fix that shane figured out, should work through v1.1
- we are definitely going to have issues coming up against moz idp and persona going live for marketplace - if we go live on schedule, incompatibility with moz idp may lock moz employees out of the phone. ugh. (the fix is in the 06.05 train)
Signin to the Web
- Initiative Updates:
- Gmail Bridge
- Dev complete, uses OpenID, RPMs delievered, in stage this week.
- Still need l10n, security review
- Hacking on an experimental OAuth fork to solve mismatched addresses.
- Yahoo Bridge
- PIN Verification fix, and brute force mitigation merged.
- Awaiting deployment to Stage
- Mozilla IdP
- Starts going live this week. Delayed by an alias bug.
- Live in 4 regions: 2 US West, 1 US East, 1 Europe
- Known issues: Requires enabling third party cookies, doesn't work in IE8.
- Limitations: Will only work with LDAP accounts and aliases, not Zimbra-only aliases.
- RP Brand Balance
- No progress. Heads-down on the Gmail bridge.
- Gmail Bridge
- Other notes:
- Force Issuer Bug
- We didn't consider forceIssuer in the fallback to primary transition screen.
- Possible to see transition more often than you should. Working on fix.
- Potential Stage Hotfix
- We may have to disable Feura Sans, used on mobile. It doesn't cover all needed locales.
- Force Issuer Bug
KPI / Metrics
- Shane's fixes merged last week: these will solve most of our data problems for the new user flow & bounce rate metrics. The updated data will show up with this new train (presumably a few weeks from now).
- New user funnel views ready for review mid week (although without the data fixes).
- Met with Lloyd, then Shane and Rob to talk about KPI next steps ... support (metrics based) decision making. Next round of changes will need privacy review.
- A/B testing: kick off meeting next week to talk about how to do this (not a confirmed goal for next quarter yet, but its on everyone's radar)
- While we're in planning mode, will knock out a few obvious new views
Profile in the Cloud (PiCL)
- making good progress with Queue-Sync protocol: it might just work
- built basic demo of proposed platform API, showing to platform folks for feedback
- working on signin/signup mocks with Zhenshou and Crystal for clickable UI testing
- initial exploration of "bring your own storage" by Vlad, our intern. Watch his first demo: https://vimeo.com/68317828
- MrDHat starts GSOC internship today (jedp mentor) see his project here (contacts sync on firefoxos using picl): https://google-melange.appspot.com/gsoc/proposal/review/google/gsoc2013/mrdhat/1
- ryan spent last week at the rtc workweek, jed spent 2 days there
- have a rough prototype going that mocks assertions (using an actual persona instance and native hosted shim) for the rtc peer connection channel w00t!
- working on fleshing out assertion flow
- working on instrumenting the verifier
- Need to discuss changes to jwcrypto and browserid that adding extra data to the assertion will entail. jedp and tauni scheduling today
- All UX information for Identity now has a home.
Docs & Engagement
- We are working on launch on new blog series. Stay tuned for more information soon
PTO/OOO (kept in the Identity calendar for everyone's reference)
- [francois] Open Source Bridge and IndieWebCamp June 17 - 23 (Portland)
- [skinny] PTO Jun 17 - 18
- [skinny] Sweden UX meetings Jun 19 - 20
- [james] PTO June 20
- [skinny] PTO Jun 21
- [chris] PTO June 26 - July 5
- [lloyd] PTO Jul 1 - 10
- [jared] June 5 PTO
- [warner] - conference june 24-26, PTO july 3-5
- [tauni] Jul 22 - 26 - PTO
- [shane] Jul 31 - Aug 9 - PTO