- Work week planning is underway for January
- Please add your availability by EOD tomorrow, 12 Nov :: http://doodle.com/mihys6xbzp8a5ztx
- A reminder about wiki pages - we have updated and informative wiki pages that will be kept up to date. Please check the pages or point folks at our pages who have questions. Our wiki scrub continues and is almost completed. A list of of the most recent updates include:
- We do know what's going on. Not true? Make it so!
- Have you signed up for note taking?
- Status report archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Department_Status
- [lloyd] Our group does have a solid plan for what happens over the next three months
- Take the time to reach out to project outward and ask questions!
- Encode the knowledge in a place that can benefit others - Firefox accounts FAQ
- [toxborrow] The identity roadmap is our beacon of light! It will be updated on a weekly if not more frequently updated basis.
- Includes milestones
- On new wiki page updates!
- [kthiessen] Karl is a bit nervous about FxA code landing Dec 8th and QA has two weeks to test.
- [toxborrow] We are pushing hard to stay on schedule so that QA has time to test, there may be some leeway.
- [jbonacci] It will happen! We will be working!
- [spenrose] We are filling out our milestones to keep QA abreast.
- [jbonacci] We'll have to work through Dec or work through Jan - my guess is Dec.
- [toxborrow] This is a tight timeline, we'll keep you informed!
- [jbonacci] Any info we can gain will be helpful - keep the buildings open.
- [lloyd] The hope is there is an opportunity to begin before Dec 9th.
- [kthiessen] If Dec 9th doesn't slip, it's going to be really really difficult.
- [jparsons] If the schedule gets to the point of being reckless, we are going to back off.
- [jbonacci] The rest of the QA team may be overtaxed with Firefox desktop work. Edwin can't take it all on his own.
- [kthiessen] Does 1.3 have a drop dead date?
- [lloyd] Dec 9th is the date for all of 1.3
- A period of critical fixes until Jan 20th.
- Last commit we submit could be to disable to FxA.
- [edwin] March is go to market.
- [ckarloff] We are heads down working with Jed & co to make as much forward progress as possible.
- What are the shared components
- How can we factor in a way that makes the most sense?
- [jedp] ckarloff's crew generating a huge amount of supporting code. starting to work from a shared back end.
- [ckarloff] Details are in our weekly updates.
- [lloyd] Out in SF on Dec 1st to Dec 6th
- [toxborrow] Has a conference room booked for the week.
- [stomlinson] my fingers hurt from typing so quickly.
- [ckarloff] Worried about the lack of an Identity Product person.
- [toxborrow] Adam Rogers is the product person for FxA on FxOS
- [ckarloff] Why haven't we met him?
- [toxborrow] There is a meeting on the books!
- We have already been meeting with him to get things going, the first official full group meeting is on Thursday.
- [ckarloff] We need somebody ringing the bell - Look over here! Who decides what is on the table and what is off the table?
- [spenrose] Is that for 1.4 or 1.3?
- [toxborrow] Spin up for 1.3, take over 1.4.
- Working very hard to make sure nobody is overcommitted and that assumptions are all vetted.
- [jedp] Adam has met with much of the FxA crew.
- [ckarloff] Is he FxOS or FxA?
- [toxborrow] FxOS in general.
- Working with Chad on Desktop and Karen and Deb on Android
- [ckarloff] I accepted the meeting!
- [toxborrow] We have been incredibly product deficient and it has been hurting us.
- [ckarloff] We need some bandaides and Sam has been doing a bang up job at keeping things together.
- [toxborrow] I appreciate Sam's effort too!
- [robdog] Working with Mark to make product changes.
- As we get processes to support product, product can give more support.
- [stomlinson] My fingers still hurt.
- [toxborrow] Any last minute thoughts?
- Calling the meeting 9 mins early!
- Adam Rogers is the Product Manager for FxA on FxOS
- We'll be setting up meetings with Desktop and Android product managers for FxA
Signin to the Web
- Brighton work week
- francois, stomlinson and ozten finished the "Refactor Persona to IdP" work and merged to dev
- jgruen, callahad, and francois spent a lot of time working out Fx Accounts in the context of Persona
- Wiki is up-to-date. Check out the latest from John and Ryan
Docs & Engagement
- working with rfkelly on some new deployment and load test issues
- working with alexis on AddOns Reg
- working witih tarek, team, on presence
- We are working on launching a new blog series. Stay tuned for more information soon
PTO/OOO (kept in the Identity calendar for everyone's reference)
- Brian: 8 - 11 Nov : OOO conference, PTO 12-Nov
- Francois: 11 - 18 Nov: working from SF
- Francois: 13 - 14 Nov: TRIBE
- Francois: 19 - 22 Nov: OOO conference
- Karl: 13 - 14 Nov: TRIBE
- John G: 27 Nov : PTO
- Brian: 2 - 3 Dec: PTO
- Katie: 23 Dec - 2 Jan: PTO
- Brian: 12 - 16 Jan: RWC conference (presenting)
- Brian: 25 Jan - 8 Feb: PTO
- Katie: 27-28 March: PTO