- Happy New Year! Welcome to 2014-1+2-1
- as sam penrose once said to me, "off by one for the tie!"
- Sync update
- "you can check out any time you like but you can never leave!" (skinny is back!)
- [Everyone] Read the onepw protocol desc and tell warner if it makes sense
- [lloyd] talk to chris about verification and final data formats
- Have you signed up for note taking?
- Status report archive: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Identity/Department_Status
Key wiki pages to point folks at:
[warner is this week's notetaker]
- it's cold
- do we have any open reqs?
- lloyd checking with Mark
- Syncbomb update (ckarlof):
- migration (as in "how to do it?") decision: don't know yet, maybe decided this morning, UX waiting on it. rnewman is PTO rest of this week, but we can't wait.
- tauni scheduling UX/eng meetings for this week, also looking to confirm user stories/MVP
- new "onepw" protocol, designed and implemented and deployed (in branch), will be moved to master soon, coordinated with client code (android via nalexander, desktop/fxa-content-server via zaach, fxos via spenrose?)
- this week's effort is to get the API changes deployed and frontends updated
- also need to talk about cert data formats and verification
- Brian is doing a run-through on his crypto presentation next week (thursday at 5pm pacific)
- skinny is back! will be back in US next week
- new simplified protocol ("onepw") designed and implemented: https://github.com/mozilla/fxa-auth-server/wiki/onepw-protocol
- warner is presenting Sync/FxA at RealWorldCrypto in NY next monday, weather permitting
- he's doing a run-through of the presentation this thursday, 5pm-530pm PST, warner's vidyo room (9047?), public URL to be made available soon. Feedback greatly welcome.
- Wiki is up-to-date. Check out the latest from John and Ryan
Docs & Engagement
PTO/OOO (kept in the Identity calendar for everyone's reference)
- chilts: 6, 7, 8 (1/2 day) Jan PTO
- Francois: 6 - 10 Jan - conference in Australia
- Brian: 12 - 16 Jan: RWC conference (presenting Sync/FxA)
- toxborrow: 13 - 17 Jany :: Eng. Program Mgr Work Week
- chilts: 13-17 Jan, Working from Catalyst's Offices (Open Source Academy)
- Brian: 25 Jan - 8 Feb: PTO
- Katie: 27-28 March: PTO