India/Design Challenge/Mozilla India Mascot
Everyone, Mozilla & its Community love Mascots! We need your help in creating the official Mozilla India Mascot 2011.
The 'Mozilla India Mascot' design challenge(unofficial) is an Mozilla India community initiative. The goal of this challenge is to create a unique design that captures the essence of Mozilla India Community & its culture. The winning design will be declared as the official Mozilla India Mascot 2011. The logo will be featured at various Mozilla India communication channels, websites. Used on posters, stickers, t-shirts and distributed to fans and contributors.. It will also be highlighted across key web properties like mozillaindia.org, the Mozilla India blog, our Facebook page, and more.
Before you start designing, here are some important information and inspirational themes to keep in mind:
Mozilla India is a diverse community where it has unique roots which represent community members region, language & culture. We believe the internet is a fun place, and being part of the community is the best way to experience it.
At its core, Mozilla India is about people and is powered by an amazing community of individuals working together to make the web a better place for everyone.
We highly encourage you to interpret the above themes in creative, abstract and interesting ways. Please don't be literal. For example, note how the Firefox Mascots around the world are designed in a creative way depicting their culture.
It's not a requirement to use the Firefox logo in your design. However, if needed, you may download the high-resolution PNG here, or request an SVG version of the logo by [email@example.com emailing us]. As indicated in our Trademark Policy, please do not modify the logo in any way.
Additional considerations when designing for Mascot:
- Ideal image should be of high pixel ratio. Roughly printable on 6 x 6 feet banner; A0, A1 & A4 poster; Facebook & twitter display picture.
- You can use a basic Mascot template as a reference guide for placement and size when designing. But please submit only the design itself, not a mockup.
- Files should be uploaded here as high-res (300 dpi) PNGs or JPEGs. But be sure to hold onto the original working files, because if you win we will need those. Be sure to optimize the file for print, and preserve all the layers.
- Original artwork should be created using a scalable vector graphics editor program (SVG format), such as Adobe Illustrator or Inkscape.
- Please use hash-tag #India Mascot while uploading here
Determining the winner:
When the submission period ends on 08 April 2011, an internal team at Mozilla India will select the top 5 design submissions based on the following criteria: creativity of the design, effectiveness at communicating the key themes and adherence to the above creative brief. The top 5 will then be opened for a public vote – with the overall winner and 4 runners up chosen by the community. Be sure to add a description to your design to share your thought process and provide additional details. It may help win you votes, too.
Good luck! We're excited to see what you come up with.
Submit your designs before March 30, 2011 at 11:59:59 PM.
Voting begins on March 31, 2011 at 12:00:00 AM.
Please read Challenge details & Rules here.