India/Indic FirefoxOS L10n Sprint 2014/FAQ
- What is the Indic FirefoxOS L10n Sprint 2014 all about ?
Mozilla's has strong plans for Firefox OS in India, hence localization of Firefox OS for all major Indic languages should be completed asap. Hence this event is being organised to :
- promote and make the contributors understand the need of attention on this project.
- provide information required on Firefox OS for L10n.
- translation sprint to cover up maximum translations possible.
- help to test Firefox OS in own language.
Due to budget restriction, keeping the importance of the event in mind, Mozilla has advised each language team lead, from all 13 Indic languages (Assamese, Bengali-India, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Maithili, Malayalam, Marathi, Odiya, Punjabi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu), responsible for their languages to select 2-3 core contributors for each language. Thus invitation was sent to those core contributors.
Yes, if you are invited for the event Mozilla will be paying for travel and accommodation. Mozilla will take care of your food from 6th June dinner till 9th June morning breakfast.
NOTE: Mozilla will pay only for the hotel room (bed, taxes and breakfast included). All other expenses at hotel need to be borne by the participant.
- In your city: You are requested to take care of your own transportation to and fro airport/railways station at your home town, Mozilla will reimburse the same after the event.
- In Pune: Mozilla will take care of the transportation in Pune. The hotel cab is arranged for pick up and drop to airport as per your flight timings.
What you need to do will be instructed to you by email
- Bring your Keon device, if you have one.
- Start translating your language in Firefox OS, you need to have some translations for testing.