Geographical groups or regional communities operate within a city as a collective. Each member of a geographical group is also part of one or many Functional or Focus team(s). Members of a geographical group often collaborate with each other for events that they organize in a city. For instance, when a Advocacy and policy team member organizes a "Privacy Month" hackathon in Pune, they will ask the "Marketing and brand (consumer)|Marketing and brand (consumer)" that are based in Pune for promoting this news in local newspapers.
See below for a list of all teams and groups.
How to create a database for your city and use it effectively?
- A database of user details of the people you reach out to during any outreach/marketing/other event is important for regular or need-based communications with them.
- Even though it sounds ambitious, it might not be practically feasible to create a separate sign up form every time you organize an event, and copy paste details to a central database.
- So, creating a sign up form and linking that form to a spreadsheet helps a lot to create a user database. You can later use the spreadsheet to send automated emails to users for follow-up events or any other communications.
- Event organizers of a particular city should ideally maintain this database.
- Ideally, you should be sending one sign up form before the event that captures participant's contact details and areas of interest, and one more survey form to capture what they learned and how they want to be connected with the organizers/community leaders. The second one also helps in self-evaluation of the work done by facilitators/speakers/organizers, and improve the process for the next time.
Getting the event covered in local press and media
- Organizers that are targeting more local participation might consider reaching out to local press and media both before the event (for event announcement) and post event (for a news report/coverage of the event). In both the cases, a well-written press release is needed. Without a press release, it is often difficult for the journalists to get a real perspective of the community and its work if they are asked to learn things on their own.
- It is also recommended to translate the press release in the regional language if the target audience are not English speakers
- Adding a few good quality photos add importance to the event, and can be considered.
- This page being a public page, sharing journalists' private details are discouraged but any website that lists such details can be linked here. Below are lists of organizations like the Press Club of India that can be contacted. Press Club of India has regional centers where one can run a press meet. Press meet is attended by multiple journalists and often help in widely spreading the news across different newspapers and news portals.
- P.S. Please go to a press meet with a press release and distribute that note among the participating journalists.
- Organizers should ideally leave their contact information so that the journalists can reach out to them for any questions that they might have later.
- Regional organizations/collectives that can be contacted for event announcement/promotion:
|Name of the organization/collective||City/region||Contact details|
|Press Club of India||New Delhi||
|Mumbai Press Club||Mumbai||
|Pune Press Club||Pune||
|Press Club Of Bangalore||Bengaluru||
|Press Club Kolkata||Kolkata||
|Chennai Press Club||Chennai||
|Madras Press Club||Chennai||
|Press Club Hyderabad||Hyderabad||
Teams and groups
|Teams||Meta team||Currently a provisional meta team is functioning to facilitate this restructuring process. This team will help create the actual meta team.|
|Functional teams||Mature technology and products||Future technology and products||Developer engagement and evangelism||Advocacy and policy||Marketing and brand (consumer)|
|Mozilla Leadership Network Hubs||Mozilla campus clubs||Localization||Community||Operations and infrastructure|
|Focus teams||Maker party||Grow WebVR||Web compatibility sprint||Dive into Rust||Addon|
|Hyderabad/Andhra Pradesh||Ahmedabad/Gujarat||Bangalore/Karnataka||Mumbai/Pune/Maharashtra||Thiruvananthapuram/Kerala||Bhopal/Indore/Madhya Pradesh|
|Jaipur/Rajasthan||Chennai/Tamil Nadu||Lucknow/Uttar Pradesh||Kolkata/West Bengal||Delhi/Noida/Greater Noida/Gurgaon|